lasagna!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile lasagna!

I'm new to HK, I want to buy some lasagna noodles and some things so I can make lasagna (my favorite food). Where to buy those sorts of things in HK? I'm in Yuen Long.

Emuse,

You can find Lasagne pasta in Wellcome and ParkNshop but only in the superstores and Expat neighbourhoods. What do you put in your lasagne? If you use ricotta cheese that's only avilable in Oliver's, Great and City Super.

Rani

Actually ParknShop and Wellcome also carry the Ricotta cheese - its just that most of the time it is not available in the stores directly.

What I do is order the same home delivery via their respective websites... its definitelty not the same as going and picking it up urself but the choice and variety is much more if you shop online....

Lasagne sheets and Ricotta cheese and lots of other Italian goodies available in our friendly neighbourhood Italian deli Il Bel Paese

Shop B G/F 95 Caine Road
    Mid-levels
    Tel 2549 8893
    Fax 2551 9599

Another branch of Il Bel Paese
    Shop B 10/F Coda Plaza
    51 Garden Road
    Mid levels
    Tel 2868 1300
    Fax 2868 1328

Also Viva Italia on Seymour Road ( Robinson Rd-Symour Road junction near Wellcome)
    Vivaitalia
    Shop 12, G/F Palatial Crest
    2 Seymour Road
    Mid Levels
    Hong Kong
    Tel 2549 9941

And sometimes in Euro Treat at Staunton Street.
    Eurotreat
    G/F 17B Old Baily Street
    Soho
    Tel 2537 0210

There is a ParkNshop (superstore) in Yuen Long:
    Shop No. 232, 2/F, Chung Fu Shopping Centre (Stage 2), Tin Shui Wai, Yuen Long

Does anyone know where i can buy the white sauce (in a jar) for the lasagne - I CANT COOK

Thankyou!

Thankyou very much for so many replies! I will try to make it tomorrow for my girlfriend and her family and her relatives so lets hope it goes well! I'm a bit worried! They are all planning to eat the gweilo's cooking.

Let me know how it goes, I haven't made lasagna since being in HK, now you have inspired me. I think I'll pick up some pasta and try it again - any favorite sauce or recipe (and source) you can recommend?

Food!

Oh my god it is so hard to find any ingredients in HK. I looked for 2 hours to find baking powder! And it is soooo small container. The selection of tomato sauces is extremely limited so I will try to mix a few together. I don't really think it will be very good, but I will try. My girlfriend's brother's girlfriend believes that foreign guy won't be able to cook so she is insisting she needs to help me. Hehehehe Why did I volunteer for this meal? This is already going to be crazy

The things we do for love eh! I had to gut and be-head a chicken the other day to cook. I'm too western cultured to ever get use to it i'm afraid.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast