Photo on canvas?

Closed Thread

Photo on canvas?

I would like to have my digital photo printed on canvas. Do you know of any companies other than Giclee on canvas? I would like to walk in to their office and discuss my preferences in person. Preferably in HK island. Thank you so much in advance!

there are a couple of shops on kowloon side (Mong Kok) but not sure about HK Island. Chameleon workshop can get it done for you - in wan chai on Queen's road. Other than that - ask around at local art supply shops or try print 100 online?

Ah - silly me - just asw all the links to other posts.... my info is not as useful...

canvas printing

Try just outside the Ya Ma Tai station - opposite Cityview Hotel there is a very sml photo shop and I think he does it. Kodak. But be careful when you get it stretched I just got ripped off despite shopping around. I found a fantastic cheap, good quality place. You can pm me as I not sure if I am allowed to put the details down on this site.

best company ( i have used them twice) in my opinion as well as the most competive priced as well as high quality.

based in san po kong kowloon, u can order online, pay either on cash on pick up ( it's in a industrial estate) at the premises or get it delivered.

http://www.giclee-canvas.com/

i have even recommended to clients ( i work in insurance) who had to pay 5 times as much for the same quality printing within an overseas country

how's that?

How's the quality?

I have a digital painting i would like to print on canvas. I know that many chain stores, like photomax etc, do this too. buty ou know what? their canvas print is fake.

you first have to make a photo with them and pay additional charge to make the canvas. it's because they actually just "press" your photo on a canvas to mimic the canvas texture. it's expensive too.

what i want is a real ink canvas print. any recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by runningwombat:
    How's the quality?

I have a digital painting i would like to print on canvas. I know that many chain stores, like photomax etc, do this too. buty ou know what? their canvas print is fake.

you first have to make a photo with them and pay additional charge to make the canvas. it's because they actually just "press" your photo on a canvas to mimic the canvas texture. it's expensive too.

what i want is a real ink canvas print. any recommendation?
    O-LIVE DECOR - Turn your home into a gallery - UltraGiclee

they use real ink in printing on canvas, it's not a sticker or iron on transfer, I have done a few canvas printing, giclee canvas is highly recommended

I ended up tried bannershop. it's really cheap there, they don't stretch your print, but it's so cheap that i thought i could DIY.

I guess you are really getting what you paid for... the quality is quite disappointing. I mean, it's ok if you are using that for promotion campaign (i guess that's what they are intended). However, for artwork, no.

Luckily it's not expensive. I will have a look at the rec.

I ended up using pixlbrew because they have an easier online payment system and they said they are using real ink on canvas too. My canvas has arrived, I am not sure how is it compare to olive, but I definitely love mine.