Mobile/Cell Phone Rentals

Closed Thread

Mobile/Cell Phone Rentals

Hi all,

I'm off to South Korea for a couple of weeks break soon. Does anyone know is there anywhere in Hong Kong that I can rent a mobile prior to my trip to South Korea, that I will be able to use over there. If your wondering why I can't simply use the mobile I've got here in Hong Kong, South Korea uses a different mobile phone type to the rest of the world, just like Japan.....

Thanks for any help with this!!

3g phones works in south korea and japan

Forgot to mention.....

forgot to mention that my current phone is not a 3G phone.....so if there's anywhere here in HK that I can rent for a short term a 3G phone with a sim card already inside for me to use straight away over in South Korea, i'll love to know where...

basically i'm looking where I can rent a ready to use mobile, with number, for a couple of weeks that's a ready to use phone in South Korea.

easy, buy a new 3g phone (basic one only cost about HK$1000) and sell your old one and you have the freedom of going anywhere in the world with your mobile.
    then when you arrive in korea, then get a sim card from the airport conveniece store at around 10000 won (less than HK$80)

You can rent phones at the airport when you land.

thanks for everybodys advice.......

.....i have found out that indeed i can rent a mobile quite economically, with call charges quite reasonable as well, when I arrive at the South Korean airport.

Some of the HK mobile providers will also lend you one for free. At least 3 and CSL I believe, on corporate accounts anyway.