i hate ppl farting in MTR

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

i was in MTR the other day sitting next to an old lady talking on phone the entire time. i cant believe her breath smells even worse than ppl farting???

old people smell of tiger balm and other chinese ointments they rub on their joints.

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    You aren't married to her too? Feck I might have found the get out clause.
    damn....you married someone like that??

@ AW2007

'...people who don't use deodorant...'

You mean 97% of HK population?
    Posted via Mobile Device

And if that statistic is true and the 97% are happy with that situation then what right do the 3% have to impose their wishes on the 97%?

@ PDLM - Searched back and forth on this thread and could not find any post that said that Group A should impose their wishes on Group B (unless you are concluding that that is what I purport).

Besides, this thread is running parallel to the one about pet peeves on public transport. Methinks I touched a nerve...

...it's okay, if you're a guilty party who am I to judge?

OK. What's worse? Bad breath, farting, or BO?
    At least farting is only temporary, but bad breath or BO is like... CLEAR THE VICINITY because of asbestos or something. YUCK!
    The worst thing is that people with bad breath or BO at least have a choice to clear the smell with gum / deodorant (and I'm not talking about illnesses that require medical treatment), but farting isn't something where you could put deodorant and you won't smell bad or won't fart, right?

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker:
    @ AW2007

'...people who don't use deodorant...'

You mean 97% of HK population?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I know someone (westerner) who does not use deodorant - he does not smell and he puts it down to never using the stuff. He reckons once you start using it, you have to continue forever but if you never use it the natural processes in the body work properly and you don't smell (he obviously showers frequently too, at least daily and often twice).

Anyone else know if this theory holds?

Farting's about dealing it and making a quick getaway.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I know someone (westerner) who does not use deodorant - he does not smell and he puts it down to never using the stuff. He reckons once you start using it, you have to continue forever but if you never use it the natural processes in the body work properly and you don't smell (he obviously showers frequently too, at least daily and often twice).

Anyone else know if this theory holds?
    Does he remove his armpit hair on a regular basis? Body hair makes a serious difference in the amount of odor you retain.