Chinese perople coughing on you if they dont respect you sub-consciously....

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

People here also clear their throats when nervous. I was sitting next to a lady yesterday and I caught her looking at me in my peripheral vision, so I looked at her and she cleared her throat...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    You may have borderline personality disorder (BPD)

If you do not know what BPD is -think Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction.
    She's a Bunny Boiler?

i am not saying Pandabearest is a scary bunny- boiler and that is what is making her co-workers cough but.......

if you look at this thread- the lass went and gave me a verbal glassing in her second post and then the last post she is all ok and cheery all of a sudden

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread38259.html

thats borderline type behaviour

in the interval between posts she took her medication(likely) or got l**d(unlikely) which accounts for the mood swings

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    i am not saying Pandabearest is a scary bunny- boiler and that is what is making her co-workers cough but.......
    I know, Just joking around as of course Glenn Close was a bunny boiler in that movie

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    People here also clear their throats when nervous. I was sitting next to a lady yesterday and I caught her looking at me in my peripheral vision, so I looked at her and she cleared her throat...lol.

Yes, I am glad its not just me that is noticing these habits.

Maybe coughing means something to chinese people. Not sure. I wonder if they behave in this way from a young age or??? ... very odd to me.

Pandabearest may i suggest you just go up & ask your colleagues why they are coughing on you.

You could ask:

"Excuse me chinese person but i was wondering do you behave like that from a young age & does coughing have some meaning to to you"

i for one would be interested in their answers

Did you study anthropology at community college? because that sort of academic background would help in analysing the responses

Good luck!