2009 Rugby Sevens Tickets

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2009 Rugby Sevens Tickets

Hi there

Does anyone have Hong Kong Rugby sevens tickets? for 2009?

please let me know

Thanks

same as every year...plenty of tickets will be made available the few days before or on the day...nothing to really worry about.

and i see the scalping has started already on this site...laws do not apply here? why not refuse to post these f@ckers ads...don't supply them with an outlet for their scalping and maybe the scapling will lessen (yeah I know, i'm dreaming)...come on, this guy has SIX tickets for sale two days after he bought them...i'm sure its not a case of "oops, i forgot I'm busy that weekend...better get rid of them..." not to mention double the face value....

I struggle to see why folks are so anti ticket resales. It's just an efficient market - if you can't make the game, you can get your money back plus a profit or loss and someone who actually wants the ticket can go. If it's a huge fiasco to queue for tickets, then why on earth shouldn't somebody get a profit for doing so? All it means is that the original selling price is too low - if they sold the tickets at the price which reduced the demand down to the number of tickets on offer, the ground would make a much better profit and there would be no room for scalping....

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I struggle to see why folks are so anti ticket resales. It's just an efficient market - if you can't make the game, you can get your money back plus a profit or loss and someone who actually wants the ticket can go. If it's a huge fiasco to queue for tickets, then why on earth shouldn't somebody get a profit for doing so? All it means is that the original selling price is too low - if they sold the tickets at the price which reduced the demand down to the number of tickets on offer, the ground would make a much better profit and there would be no room for scalping....

It is not such an efficient market tho.

To be very fair many tickets on resale, where not bought in the first place. Many of those tickets are actually corporate tickets that people (like me for example) get for free thru their companies and / or close relations.

Some (like me) keep them and actually go and enjoy the event. Many others sees it as an opportunity to make a few bucks and resale them at a premimum to people who were not able to get them at the public sale.

In my opinion the 7s is more a "corporate" event than a sport event and as such it is more difficult for regular folks who do not either work for a bank/broker/sponsor or belong to a rugby club to get a chance to get a ticket

That said, as I previously posted, plenty of tickets will be available on the D day (and for not much more than their face value)

Noticed the tickets are already sold out on HKTicketing. How long before they sold out?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Noticed the tickets are already sold out on HKTicketing. How long before they sold out?
    I think it was a couple of hours.

It's just an efficient market - if you can't make the game, you can get your money back plus a profit or loss and someone who actually wants the ticket can go.
    We go through a fair bit of grief during the Rugby Sevens - scalpers who want to sell tickets (and I got absolutely nothing against that) and the Rugby Union who want to shut secondary ticket sales down (using bizzare combinations of trademark and other legal threats.

Add to that loud and arrogant Rugby supporters who think it is wrong for someone to turn a profit on tickets (ironically these guys work for Banks, law firms, property developers.. where the name of the game is usually "profit").

Overall .. just a headache for us.

Note We only allow postings of "Tickets Wanted" ads. Do not under any circumstance post a "for sale ad" even if you think you're being clever and giving it away for free (delivery charge of $5000).

For those who want to buy, just wait till the day of the tournament... there is usually NO reason to overpay as there are plenty of tickets available on the last day.

This year, we know there will be an oversupply, as many companies and countries (even Cathay Pacific) have returned their tickets to the Rugby Union.

Just hold on...

Hello,

Could you tell me where I could get tickets on the day of the tournament for the Rugby Sevens. I am new here.

Cheers

Boo

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast