problem, need to break rental contract?

Closed Thread

problem, need to break rental contract?

Hi, my husbands company is in financial trouble and cant supprot us here anymore, but we still have until JUne on our contract pkus three months notice thereafter.... how can we get out of it? We asked if we could pay one month and then use the two month deposit so stay here unitl end of April, but he has said no.... is there anything we can do? any advice would be appreciated.... the company cant support us let alone pay all the rent until september......

thanks

who paid the deposit, is it your own money or the companies. If its the companies then just leave at the end of april.

If its your own money and the landlord is that unwilling and unreasonable then you can just squat there until end of april and then leave. It will take them ages to evict you. This way is the last way.

Just ask...

I did and the landlord let me out, forgoing the 2 month deposit.

i believe you need to default on rental payment for 3 months until the landlord can begin the process to evict you.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by lulumay:
    i believe you need to default on rental payment for 3 months until the landlord can begin the process to evict you.
    More like 15 days (Landlord And Tenant (Consolidation) Ordinance - Sect 117).

thank you everyone, seeking legal advice from someone who lives here in DB and has been recommended so lets hope for the best.

Thanks