Hong Kong Badminton Club

Closed Thread

Hong Kong Badminton Club

Hey fellow badminton lovers - because of the lack of public badminton clubs available, we've decided to start our own!

The Hong Kong Badminton Club (HKBC) is please to announce that we are now open and accepting members! Founded by a group of casual players, the HKBC is a non-profit society with a mission to provide a welcoming location for games, promote badminton as a fun way to exercise, and offer members the opportunity to meet new people and share our love of the game.

We will play once a week as follows:
    Date: Every Sunday beginning July 3 to December 25, 2005 (please check online schedule for confirmed court bookings)
    Time: 8:00pm - 10:00pm
    Membership fee: HKD $480 for half-year membership (less than HKD $19/session)

HKBC membership includes:
    - Play time of 2-hours per week
    - Game arrangements with other players at your level (see our website for details)
    - Nylon shuttlecocks. If you prefer to play with feathers, please bring your own.
    - Organized competitions, tournaments and related events
    - Coaching available

Members are required to bring their own racquets, running shoes, and water. To avoid over-crowding, membership will be capped so visit http://www.hkbadmintonclub.com/register.html and pre-register today!

Non-members are welcome to drop-in for HKD$35 per session, pending availability.

For more information, visit http://www.hkbadmintonclub.com. We look
    forward to seeing you at our opening day on July 3, 2005.

Sincerely,

Lisa Tong
    The Hong Kong Badminton Club
    www.hkbadmintonclub.com

hi lisa,

would like to join if possible arriving in hongkong by middle of august. would you give me the address of your office? any more info would be great.

many thanks

nuning

We're non-profit, so we don't have an office but you can find us playing Sunday nites at the "Hong Kong Park Sports Centre" in Central regularly.

Check out www.hkbadmintonclub.com for our confirmed schedule. We usually have courts 1-4 booked for 2 hours from 8-10pm.

You can either join as a member (prorated prices for people joining mid-way) or pay a session fee, whichever suits your schedule.

Again, it's an informal group of people who found a niche for badminton since there weren't too many english speaking or drop-in ones.

hope u can make it out

Lisa Tong

Playing again on Sunday July 10, 2005

Hi,

We have courts booked again this Sunday from 8-10 pm at Hong Kong Park Sports Center in Central.

Last week was a pretty good turn out with 12 people, so we got in a lot of good games and pretty much played non-stop for 2 hours

If anyone is game, we welcome you to join us!! Details here: http://www.hkbadmintonclub.com

Lisa Tong

just found it

Hi,

This sounds cool and interesting. Wondering what the crowd is like? Chinese or expats? Beginners or advanced players? and stuff. Any info would be helpful.

Talking

Lii hi. would like to join in for next week. This week was not able to make it due to a friends visit.. Hope you have thie every week...

Newlander,

The crowd is mostly expats (because of where the information is posted) and young, I'd say a lot of young professionals. Levels range, but on average is in the middle. There are a few strong players and then there are a few beginners.

Drop by and check it out... or if you have any more questions, you can send them to [email protected].

Thanks for your interest,
    Lisa

Regular Play Times

prash,

The objective of the club is that is it regular - we are in the process of block booking the venue so that it's set, but Hong Kong Park is a pretty popular venue. May think about changing times because some people say that Sunday nights aren't the best...

This current session will run until end of the year 2005. We are going to miss a few sessions, so we will make up those sessions into 2006.

HOpe this helps and see you this week!

Lisa

Cool Sunday nights?

Hi Lisa,
    I am so pleased you have set up this group - it is badly needed. I want to join, but Sunday nights are a nightmare for me. Any chance of another evening? Like maybe, have two nights? Is that greedy?
    I could come MOnday or Wednesday or Friday.
    Cheers,
    A.

hi there,

im interested in comin along as a casual player (non-member). what r the chances of gettin some games in. what will the turn out be like?

As i have jus arrived in HK, i do not yet own a racquet. Would there be any available to rent out?

Thanks.