View Poll Results: Thin vs Curvy

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love a thin girl! (Keira Knightley, Olsen twins, etc)

14 27.45%
  • I love me a bootylicious girl! (Beyonce, JLo, etc)

37 72.55%

Curvy vs Thin

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I can semi-agree with with you there.

Although exercising may help with toning, it doesn't exactly add curves (i.e. for lack of a better phrase, bigger boobies). They'd have to eat too.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Nah, this isn't a problem with Asian genetics- it's a side effect of the lack of physical fitness cultures in Asia.

Take a look at Sydney or Vancouver. Lots of fit, toned, curvy Asian females who are into sports and excercise.

Looks are important but not as important as personality, sense of humour, warmth etc and that all important spark... either that or I'm not fussy - just to find someone is hard enough

Excercise and eating properly pretty much go hand in hand. It's hard to do the first without the second.

The local idea of what constitutes a healthy excercise regime (shopping) and diet (either nothing or complete crap) is quite amusing. I know one girl who dieted on pineapple buns, the ones made out of sugar and lard, until someone explained basic nutrition to her.

That is actually my main concern with the thin culture here. Simply starving yourself will not result in a good looking body.

I've actually asked quite a few girls why they don't exercise along with dieting, and explained how they go hand in hand. What they told me is that exercise adds muscle, and they definitely do NOT want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojak83:
    This is where the Asian girl dilemma comes into play.

To be both A and B, its not genetically possible in the Asian DNA pool.

When the girl is fit or thin, she's a stick with no curves, and when they do have curves, their weight reaches ludicrous levels taking them into "Porkchop" status and beyond.

Not saying its impossible to spot one with both A and B, just rare.... as rare as the Freckled Chinese boy or African Albino.
    Maybe it is more Chinese, than just Asian generally. Asia is more than just China..... I can think of other Asian gene pools that provide a more "womanly" (?? bad description) body.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphacat:
    I've actually asked quite a few girls why they don't exercise along with dieting, and explained how they go hand in hand. What they told me is that exercise adds muscle, and they definitely do NOT want that.
    Even though it's quite hard for women to really bulk up with muscle (which I still find quite attractive unless taken to body-builder extremes), local standards of beauty pretty much exclude *any* visible muscle. If you look at cantopop starlets, none of them have muscle tone.

This is where the Asian girl dilemma comes into play.

To be both A and B, its not genetically possible in the Asian DNA pool.

When the girl is fit or thin, she's a stick with no curves, and when they do have curves, their weight reaches ludicrous levels taking them into "Porkchop" status and beyond.

Not saying its impossible to spot one with both A and B, just rare.... as rare as the Freckled Chinese boy or African Albino.
    Heh, the academic discussion of nature vs nurture again

You're forgetting environmental factors count. Factors like exposures to money and cosmetic surgeons...

I can semi-agree with with you there.

Although exercising may help with toning, it doesn't exactly add curves (i.e. for lack of a better phrase, bigger boobies). They'd have to eat too.
    I'll say, go gain a few pounds at the right places before starting on an exercise regime. It works~

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Even though it's quite hard for women to really bulk up with muscle (which I still find quite attractive unless taken to body-builder extremes), local standards of beauty pretty much exclude *any* visible muscle. If you look at cantopop starlets, none of them have muscle tone.
    I totally agree with you. I really don't understand why most local girls hate muscles that much. personally, i love my muscles (don't get me wrong, mine's nowhere near the body-builder kind. not that i'm working out to that extreme....)

Based on MY observation, hk locals, both guys and gals, IN GENERAL are on the thin side. I mean, some of my guy friends have biceps smaller than mine!!
    Last edited by cocktailbun; 07-02-2009 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocktailbun:
    Based on MY observation, hk locals, both guys and gals, IN GENERAL are on the thin side. I mean, some of my guy friends have biceps smaller than mine!!
    I would say that might be a genetic thing. I don't work out/go to the Gym at all (I do a lot of walking/hiking instead) and I still have reasonably large arms.

I am not saying that its a Western vs Asian thing it is just that some people have more natural bulk than others. Some of the girls in my office are what I would call a healthy shape (the one with the best looking figure maintains this by her 2 McDonalds a day diet) The others look like they are on the verge of starvation.

I think there is a propensity of "thin" body types in HK but there is still lot of variation to take into consideration.

I find it hard to generalise a preference, there are some lovely and sexy thin girls/women and some lovely and sexy curvy girls/women. Why limit yourself artificially with strict preferences? If there is something attractive about them (a lovely smile, or a sexy neck, or nice boobs, or great legs or bum) then I tend to notice that. As someone else said it is personality that is more important in the long run (though I say that when my wife is extremely hot).