SAI KUNG

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SAI KUNG

Ok - I am 4 weeks into living in Wan Chai & I am getting majorly stir crazy being on the island, so need to get away from the madness for the day...

I also need to find a distraction to get me away from the 'money drain' that is Lochart Rd & surrounding streets...

I have been told SAI KUNG is a nice place to visit? Mainly because there is a good boozer there (Duke of York).

So I am thinking of making my way out there on Saturday, having a look around and then sinking a few pints...

Any one got any comments on if it is worth the trip out & how the hell I am going to get there from Wanchai MTR???

I could work it out for myself, but my mind becomes a blur when it comes to working out bus routes & numbers!

Cheers all!

Chris.

Take the MTR to Mongkok - walk to Dundas St (down Nathan road towards Yau Ma Tai until you see it on the left) and just down there is a red-top minibus stop. Get on that bus and it'll take you direct to Sai Kung.
    Alternative is to take MTR to Diamond Hill MTR and pick up a bus from there - not quite sure of the number, 96 I think. Slower but if you sit upstairs at least you get to see the view.

Fastest and not so troublesome way to get to Sai Kung is outside the MTR station opposite the computer center under the bridge is a bus 962 that goes to Hang Hau, get off at the last stop (main bus terminus) which is by the Hospital, walk to the bus stop on the main road and wait for a green mini bus to Sai Kung.

or, take the MTR to Hang Hau then take the green minibus...

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Fastest and not so troublesome way to get to Sai Kung is outside the MTR station opposite the computer center under the bridge is a bus 962 that goes to Hang Hau, get off at the last stop (main bus terminus) which is by the Hospital, walk to the bus stop on the main road and wait for a green mini bus to Sai Kung.
    962? The 962 is the bus that goes to the Gold Coast ... do you mean 692?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Its the number 92 as far as I remember, Since I haven't used it in about 3 years.

Moving, Didn't know you were a bus anorak?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Haahaaa, you are correct. 692 is the number. How could i have messed that up. Maybe i was thinking of you at that time.

there is a red mini bus in causewaybay to sai kung
    somewhere at the corner of canal rd east

but only run at night from 1830-0130 on weekends
    $19, about 50min to sai kung

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Its the number 92 as far as I remember, Since I haven't used it in about 3 years.

Moving, Didn't know you were a bus anorak?
    ha ha - I live on the route of the 962 that's how I knew it didn't go to Sai Kung! But we travel by bus alot - prefer to MTR hugely - and we have to meet our hiking buddies all over the place so I have got to know a number of bus routes.....

Another alternative to the route that's already been suggested, is getting the 1A ( green ) public light mini bus from Choi Hung MTR, to Sai Kung town. We used that route quiet a bit, but as to which one is faster, six of one, half a dozen of the other, when we lived there.

As to where is good to have a beer etc,

The Duke of York is o.k, Steamers is a lot more popular ( in my opinion and has a happier crowd ), the Beach Bar on Sai Kung beach is quite good on the weekends, but not as social....

For more info check out http://www.exploresaikung.com/ to get a bit of a feel for whats there....

Hebe 101 http://www.hebe101.com/ which is between Marina Cove and Sai Kung Town, located in Hebe Haven, is a great spot for a bite to eat and enjoy a cold beer.The view from the second level, of the marina is excellent on a clear day.... It's my pick, if you are looking for a sea change environment, to chillax around.

Last edited by Skyhook; 13-02-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast