Shenzhen RC helicopter shops

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Instructions sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by TaLL|dUdE:
    That's too bad misao... isn't there an on/off switch that you can toggle first before removing the battery?
    I've read the instruction manual thoroughly, in and out even used the simulator but none mentioned how to turn it off, I practiced with it yesterday I took it out on the tennis court that's the only time I learn how to slow it down and fully turn it off which was definitely not in the manual just learned from playing around.

Also I burned my 4 in 1 mixer controller because the heli was still running when it crushed and I did not turn it off, I went to the hobby store and they told me that whenever I will crush, I should turn it off "how the hell would I know when the instruction did not mention it", something important like that shld. be highlighted in the manual.

I'm debating whether to order a new 4 in 1 mixer since it cost roughly $33 usd, I might invest in a training gear, and extreme blades. What I found about this hobby is that it's not cheap, so far I'll end up spending $150.00 usd for everything and of course I'm hoping that no further damage would occur.

Also when I went to the hobby store I was told that the transmitter that Lama V4 came is different from the transmitter from what is being use compare to the rest of the world, I still yet to prove it, and also I was told that if I use the Lama V4 transmitter, it's so different that when I upgrade myself to a different brand I have to re-learn again, I'll search for more professional info. on that and let you know.

In conclusion the Lama V4 instruction sucks!

yup it's the crashing part that sucks. that's why it's best to start off in a trainer model or the micro one's first to get a feel for the controls.

in any case, yes it's an expensive hobby, especially when you start to get the branded and expensive one's.

upgrades for E-sky Lama V4

After surfing the net and thoroughly debating whether to change to a different model or not I've decided to stick to Lama and give it another chance. I decided I'll get the 4 in 1 mixer, Xtreme blades upper and lower, extra landing skid, training gear and extra lipo battery.

I'm hoping that my bargaining skills and a sad face will help me get some discount from the store in sham shui po where I bought my Lama, I'll make sure to ask him why he did not inform me about turning off before crushing, hoping for further price reduction.

so far most of the forum I've searched did not seem to mention similar experience about burning their 4 in 1 mixer control, I assume that they have already experience with RC heli, or I'm just incapable when it comes to RC.

The more I read the forum the more I feel tempted to do further upgrades, I'm trying to control myself
    since I'm already over the top of my budget.

I also found out about the transmitter, my throttle is on the left, most people have the throttle on the right ( they call it I think mode 1), the one I have is mode 2, well according to other RC hobbyist it's really a matter of preference, but definitely most models are mode 1 (right throttle)
    I stand to be corrected if my info. is not accurate.

Till next time again, I'll share my experience If story would be a sucess.

during the weekend a lot of people head to Tsueng Kwan O Industrial area as its still not built up yet so lots of open air. I have seen a lot of people flying RC planes and some helicopters there.

Drive along Wan Po road and u should be able to see people playing with there toys.

While the Picco Z and similar models may be good for an introduction to the hobby and fun for a while (I bought my son a set of 2 that have a shooting down function ), you should be aware that you will have very limited control, (i.e. up/down, rotate left/right only) you cannot directly control the direction the helicopter will travel. I would suggest getting one with cyclic control.

In Nanshan there is a large (huge!) book shop (Near Donghua Holiday Inn) which had quite a good selection of helicopters for different skill levels on the ground floor.

cyclic control

I think the reason you cannot control your heli other than up-down, left-right is because you only have 2 channels, I don't know the age of your kids but 4 channels is usually the standard for beginner 4 channels and up RC heli is not recommended under age 14 ( because they are dangerous, it could seriously hurt you)

Regarding the cyclic control, I'm not so sure how it would affect your control skills later on when you wanted to upgrade yourself from 4 channels to 6 channels, it's already bad dealing with mode 1 and mode 2, I'm not sure if there's a cyclic control compatible for every model and for RC with 4 ch and above.

I'll surely check the place!

Model Train Shops

Has anyone come across model train shops in Shenzhen, could be part of a radio control shop. Size HO.

Need name of shops (or number) or Department Stores in Shenzhen.

The models are for American trains, and are manufactured in Shenzhen also.

Thanks and regards

Charlie

where can i find good but cheap rc shops in shenzhen? I am going there tomorrow! Looking for quality brands such as walkera. Battery helis. No gasoline! Thank you very much in advance for your fast help!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Hey!!! Anyone still here? I play R/C heli too. I just started a few months ago. Anyone want to form a group together? I know where are a few of the shops are in Shenzhen. Contact me: [email protected]

Hi dkon2010.

Are you in HK or Shenzhen? I am flying RC helicopter as well. Let me know where you are at and maybe we can get together. However, I do stay in HK.

Its just so hard to find a proper flying field over here in HK. Any suggestions ....

Regards,
    MatLi.