Live in Shenzhen but work in HK ...

Closed Thread

Question Live in Shenzhen but work in HK ...

Living in Shenzhen but working in HK.... is this a good idea?

I understand I will have to travel a bit but roughly how far and how long will it take.

I just figured I can live for a fraction on the price in Shenzhen and make a killing working in HK.... Please advise

Thanks !

depending on where you live and where you work travel time would be at least an hour(of course this does not hold true if you are working in the northern new territories)...this does not include time at the border crossing....

if you really want to save money, it would be easier to live someplace like lamma, cheung chau or out in sai kung...it is far removed from hk and the commute time would probably be slightly shorter, but at least if you've gone for a night out, you can taxi home and don't have to worry about crossing the border...(of course there's no taxi if you're living on one of the islands)

Last edited by carang; 04-07-2005 at 10:26 PM.

That does make considerably more sense. Thank you

I think that I should just hope on a plane to HK, drop off my bags somewhere and go trek around for a few days.

Do they have easily accessable hostels or bungalows to save money before I get settled?

not really,
    if you live in Shenzhen and live like a local person, yes you can save alot

but if you live in Shenzhen but still needs to go to a "foreign country standard" environment for "foreign country standard" meal...it may cost the same.

another thing to concern is "security", crime
    I have factory in China, but I only stay in the factory when I am in China

I know 3 persons who's kidnapped and killed in Shenzhen

Dont' get me wrong, I ve been to different cities in China,I love Guangzhou, and Shanghai.., etc..
    but I do have problem with Shenzhen...I don't know what the society is made of....or just Bad things happen around me and the people I know.