Transfer gym membership?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Transfer gym membership?

Hi..
    I am trying to sign up for a gym membership with Pure, Fitness First etc..
    As usual their sales people are strong arming me into signing for 14-24 months. Given the way job markets are, if I have to move.. how easy is it to sell or transfer gym memberships?

Thanks!

It's quite easy actually, last year, a gentleman was moving back to Singapore and he had posted on this site if anyone wants to take over his gym membership, I went ahead and got it. He paid all the charges, as, the charges were half of what he'd have paid if the he doesn't transfer, so he was atleast getting some money back.
    But, I'd have paid half if he'd asked for my share.
    Anyways, we went to the gym, signed forms and it was done in 15 minutes.

gunsnroses:
    So u have to pay half of ur membership dues to transfer the gym membership to someone else? Sooo does the other person getting the membership get the same rate as the actual owner of the membership?
    btw .. which gym is better.. Pure or Fitness First?
    Thanks soo much for your help.

How its works in HK (at least at Seasons), is that you pay off your contract, and then sell it at a negotiated price to your transferee. So if you have say, 6 months left in your contract @ $500 per month, then you have to pay off $3000. Then you can sell it at any price you can agree on with your buyer. You can offer to pay for the transfer fee if you are desperate, or get the buyer to pay if you're giving him/her a really great deal. Or go halves on it. Whatever you and your buyer agree on.

So at the end of the day, the better montly rate you get from the gym, the easier it is to part with your membership without losing too much.

Thanks Eddy.

Quote Originally Posted by sstella24:
    Thanks Eddy.
    Hi, Stella. I'm interested in signing up with Pure as well. Appreciate if you can tell me how much your contract turned out to be and what are the terms. Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

i hv a fitenss first membership for transfer
    it has 9 months left
    $498 per month at one center
    u can save the initial $400 admin fee
    email me at [email protected]

Thank you! just signed up for Pure two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    How its works in HK (at least at Seasons), is that you pay off your contract, and then sell it at a negotiated price to your transferee. So if you have say, 6 months left in your contract @ $500 per month, then you have to pay off $3000. Then you can sell it at any price you can agree on with your buyer. You can offer to pay for the transfer fee if you are desperate, or get the buyer to pay if you're giving him/her a really great deal. Or go halves on it. Whatever you and your buyer agree on.

So at the end of the day, the better montly rate you get from the gym, the easier it is to part with your membership without losing too much.
    I signed up with Seasons 2 months ago for a year, and was billed for the entire 12x months on the first day.

So if I want to transfer my membership should I move on - I'd still have to pay ANOTHER 10 months worth of subscription? Even if I found a transferree willing to pay the full rate I paid, I'd get back the additional I had to pay to transfer - and still be 10months down the tube.

Unless I'm not understanding correctly I can't see the incentive to do this

I have a membership to transfer!

Hi there! I have a membership to transfer due to job loss. It expires in August 2010, and still $6700 value left. I am asking for $5000. Interested please email [email protected], or message 85291666070.

Thanks,

Boyang

Quote Originally Posted by sstella24:
    Hi..
    I am trying to sign up for a gym membership with Pure, Fitness First etc..
    As usual their sales people are strong arming me into signing for 14-24 months. Given the way job markets are, if I have to move.. how easy is it to sell or transfer gym memberships?

Thanks!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast