Upgrading the flash intensity in a digital camera 4 night shots

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by fly:
    Hey btw, how is this camera, from your pov? I was thinking of getting this one last year, it seemed to do video very well. Nigt time shots are quite bad with my minolta and sony as well, so it would seem the perfect all in one POS dc hasn't been developed yet.
    It does everything that I want it to do .... I was going to get another camera the Canon IXUS700 as this has user selectable movie recording at 60/30/15fps - my friend is guinea pigging this out for me ... so far so good!

The Xacti J4 only has user selectable options at 30/15fps - with VGA resolution at 640x480 or QVGA at 320x240. The format is quicktime tho ... On a 1GB SD card I can record a 50min movie at high res.

Everything is great except for night mode (so technically, everything isn't great then!) It also doesn't do panorama shots .... but it does talk to you (in either english or japanese) which is quite cool, and has a 'rainbow' luminiscent display ... hmmmm .... r-a-i-n-b-o-w!

In comparison against my Casio EX3000 - the CCD on the casio is superior, the shots are crispy clear, and the night mode is beats the pants off the Sanyo. But the Casio doesn't do anything else ....

Hope this helps
    -DB-

http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/english/pro...es/j4/joy.html
    http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/products/li...j4/index2.html

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Every night hundreds of thousands of pictures are doomed never to revel the splendour of the Symphony of Lights, as they have been taken using flash.

Read this before getting your next camera
    http://philip.greenspun.com/photogra...tal-slr-system

[not by a photographer but a chopper pilot]

In my opinion, buy a digital camera that takes great pictures, if you want video, buy a digital VIDEO camera. Most of the built in video modes in cameras are rubbish, and really not worth the extra $$$ when getting a camera for photo purposes. Small digital camera flashes are only made for a set distance, so really not much you can do about it. Even on top of the range digital SLR's you have to use a external flash for a greater range. You can get plugins for Photoshop that improve the overall brightness of any shot very well!

Also, if you want harbour shots with all the lights on, get yourself to a good spot around 6pm and take a shot as the sun is going down. This way you have enough light to show surroundings and the buildings lights are also on. Be sure not to shoot directly into the sun though as you'll end up with lens flare and no detail...and go blind!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2