Any PCCW broadband user here?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any PCCW broadband user here?

I am subscribed to the PCCW biznetvigator for my company. The contract is 12 months and the package I signed have offered 4 months free....the sales representitives from PCCW told me that 2nd, 4th,6th,8th month is free so the bill will only come every 2 months. The monthly charge is HKD$298 but so far I have received 4 bills including a $1156(set up include 1 st mth usage), $317, $448 and another $448. The starting date of my service is 27th March and its only 3 month but I have 4 bills to paid. I have tried to check with their customer service but he could not answer my doubt as he said the bills are generate monthly but I asked him how come it never matched the $298 mthly charge and I have 4 bills due in 3 months while PCCW claimed that there are 4 mths free usage ?

Anyone experience similar problem before and mind to share the experience or solution? I need to answer my boss in HQ for this stupid charges...

Last edited by links; 05-07-2005 at 11:42 PM.

pccw really sucks i agree

i've never been so frustrated with a company ...except maybe tetelcom
    so inefficent
    they sign you up so fast and hound you then provide no service
    if you ring the hotline you wait on for ages and usually get no result
    they have no written correpondence no address to write complaints to so i guess they think there are no complaints
    as an english user im pleased to not have to deal with them any longer!!do you hate them as much as me???
    other hk services ie transport so good!!!!

Angry PCCW no good

I am suffering using similar connection for internet from the PCCW where i contracted for 1 year and they suddenly sent me a bill for 408HKD instead of agreed 228 HKD.. i was really shocked what happened i called up customer care and reached out for PCCW outlets getting no good response.. it really sucks..

See my posts on the other thread: http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread27209.html

Although Boris advise that if I do go to court I should just focus on my own case is sensitive, I have the impression that this company ALWAYS breaks the law by saying things on the phone that then it doesn't deliver. Why else they NEVER offer written contracts? They obviously think that people are stupid.

I still think that some sort of legal action by a number of people would be good, and might make them change their practices. If Netvigator has promised you something on the phone that then they deny they ever did, and you are willing to testify in court (in case they sue me), could you PM me?

PCCW DO offer written contracts and you do not have to do silly things over the phone. I have never done anything without it laid out in writing. Use the street booths or the PCCW shops to raise the paperwork after the telesales gives you a heads up of the deal.

I would suggest the stupid tag goes to those who do it the lazy way over the phone. Decide in haste, repent at leisure.

In regard of a " class action " -- hope you have deep pockets.
    PCCW are NOT breaking any laws. As I have offered this advise before, but apparently its not sinking in, get the transcript of the conversation and use that to defend your case.

I was wondering "what if they say they don't have a transcript...".

Oh well. Apparently it's not sinking in...

And yes, PCCW is breaking the law if it agrees on something and then changes its mind unilaterally and decides to charge you for something that was originally agreed was free (in this case terminating the contract after 21 months). This is illegal. A contract is a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by pinko
    And yes, PCCW is breaking the law if it agrees on something and then changes its mind unilaterally and decides to charge you for something that was originally agreed was free (in this case terminating the contract after 21 months). This is illegal. A contract is a contract.
    Look - you are chasing your tail on this. You need to sit down, take a chill pill and get logical. All you doing is he said, she said. Get that facts and go from there.

The bill should be itemized, or check the online version. You probably have automatic signup for the fee-paying services like anti-virus, webmail, etc.

i dont care what anyone says to deal with this server is fraught with frustration
    if they had a paper trail to their charges and an address to write complaints to it wouldnt be so bad
    however because they are like an octapus with tentacles everywhere no one seems savy about simple questions and to get answers one has to waste hours on muzac on the hotline
    NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast