Where to buy Dell power system

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy Dell power system

I just moved from USA to Hong Kong. When I pluged in my dell computer (Powered
    ge SC400), I forgot to switch to 220V from 110V. And then I saw a light and I
    couldn't power on anymore. I think the power system doesn't work and I need to
    buy a new power system.

I would greatly appreciate if you can tell me where to buy a new power system.

Thanks in advance.

You could be lucky in that only the power supply is damaged.
    If it is still under warranty you need to contact Dell. If not you could replace it yourself. Open it up and find out what wattage it outputs. Better still, disconnect it from everything in the computer and take it to a computer mall like Wanchai Computer Centre or Golden Shopping Arcade in Shamshuipo and ask for a 220v replacement.

Mal

If you do it yourself then you might want to avoid the cheaper PSUs. My previous employer replaced all their PCs and servers with Dells and the one thing I noticed was how amazingly quiet they were.

As well as being less reliable, a cheap PSU will make a loud roaring noise (relatively speaking) that you probably aren't used to. Good luck and I hope it isn't the motherboard that you've damaged.

www.dell.com
    Go to Hong Kong.
    You can order stuff online.

ANTEC make a range of quiet PSUs and they have an excellent reputation.

Head over to any computer center and buy a replacement power supply. Cheaper than calling Dell.

The problem with Dell is (like all vendors) is while their systems are cheap, spares and services are expensive.

Original poster is not very explicit I'm afraid.

I for one haven't 100% worked out whether it is a dead LAPTOP power supply or a DESKTOP power supply.

I've seen replacement LAPtop power supplies in Computer 298 in Wanchai [as I recall] *&* an assortment of Desktop power supplies in various shapes & sizes and current capacity.

I've fixed both types in my time - but there again - I'm a "Radio Doctor" who's be seduced by the Dark Side -- Computing. <Grin>.

It's a sever used as a desktop

Ugh! That's a menace! there should be a sign.

I did -the- -exact- -same- -thing- when I plugged in my computer the first time.

Mal

It's a shame most electrical equipment don't use the same sort of power supplies you get in laptops and certain gadgets where they accept a range of voltages and frequencies automatically.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast