Mac Ver X question

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Mac Ver X question

Hi. I have a mac related question. I am using x Version. I want to know how to add a picture as the desktop picture. I know it does not work like windows, but still trying to sort out the same. Anyone care to help?

which version of X......

10.1? 10.2? 10.3? 10.4?

it doesn't really matter which version i guess....

all you do is go to your dock (on the bottom of screen) and click on system preferences (it looks like a light switch with an apple logo)....

click on "desktop & screensaver"

then click on the "desktop"

then you can choose a folder to browse....choose one of their images....or you can just drag an image file onto the desktop picture in that window.....

pretty simple

another simple way to do this is to right click (hold control and click the mouse) and select "Change desktop picture"

that is available in 10.2 and later if i remember correctly

Thumbs up

Thanks Matt. I got it...

been meaning to ask, is there any place in hk for classes on using mac's i-photo, movie, etc? both in nyc and singapore the apple shops offered these but i haven't found the same here.

when i get there....i could possibly instruct you with most of their apps.......

i've been an avid apple user since the beginning of my days.... not that I'm old........ but its been a while

Quote Originally Posted by tex:
    been meaning to ask, is there any place in hk for classes on using mac's i-photo, movie, etc? both in nyc and singapore the apple shops offered these but i haven't found the same here.
    maybe us mac users here could do a little get together... I or other more experienced mac users can teach the newbies how its done... just a thought...

I've recently been brought back from the darkside but haven't used Mac's since OS9.1 or so and find some of the OSX functions totally alien!
    It's fun learning and the dashboard is awesome!

you should read the MAC OSX Missing Manual. there are copies of the PDF file on the net somewhere... very informative...

oh....to make things easier for you.
    try to switch to a "2-button PC mouse"!!
    (yes, Mac computer does recognize a PC mouse!!!)

I use Tiger 10.40...awesome, just upgrade iTunes 5.0 2 days ago!

enjoy!

go to www.imacguru.com

you can get many helps there

other note: there is actually no "The Apple Shop" here..
    everyone is just authorized reseller.
    so the salesman in the shops have limited knowledges...
    you are pretty much on your own most of the time.

somehow, after using the Mac computer for a little more than 1 yar, and go online Mac user groups, I find out the followings;

(1)most Mac users are very self-center
    **because the Mac is an easy operating machine, most people assume you know.
    therefore, sometimes, the replies are feeling an attitude of like "what an idiot or stupid guy to not know this"
    (2)not only the point (1)above, I find out the manual that comes with the Mac computer is also not written in a logical way...I think Apple company also thinks it is too easy to not know what to do....
    **they forget it is a "single button mouse" system...and it is very hard to new users to remember all the "hot keys" to combine with the mouse button....
    sigh....I would have to give credit to Microsoft Windows...
    no matter how long MS Windows has been out in the market. MS always write their menus in the position to consider everyone as new users...thus, it really helps to get helps quickly.
    (3)most people in the Mac forum is fanatics...
    they go crazy when they hear anything with meaning relating to "anti-Mac" (such as the name Microsoft, Intel, AMD)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast