PCCW - A thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks Claire ex-ax for the pointer. I forgot to ask for the cancellation number so will ring them up again today. I only just found out how to check the online bill yesterday so didn't even know they were there. Really I don't want to sound like that I'm complaining, it's just something part of my learning curve for being new to HK...and I'm quite happy to deal with them one at a time...

And don't they automatically renew your contract as well? Something to watch out for...

depends...

Recently i moved all my telephone service, broadband and NOW TV to my new place, the old place for just for storage. never lived there. i got to there agent and the guy said it will take 3 to 4 weeks to move and i was like "WHY SO LONG???" he said because it is not emergency and i was like whatever as i do not really need it that quick because got the service in my other house. In the past when i had problem with there internet and i called them and they checked and see if something was wrong with there connection and they said there is something wrong and they will send a staff on the same day. i called like 3am and they came at 9am, i did not say emergency or get angry i was just normal calm and cool didnt mind waiting for a few days but they came in 6 hours. that was good service but it is crazy to wait 3 to 4 weeks. but anywayz back to the main subject after knowing have to wait that long i still said fine and he transfered me to the department where they do all the switching stuff... a lady picked up and confirm all address name and services i use then she say our staff can come in 3 days and i was like thats very good and i asked your other staff said 3 to 4 weeks and she was like "WHAT" that's crazy.. lol anywayz my story is just trying to say depends on your luck with who you get, some just purely rubbish and some just perfection as said by other members that some staff is really good...

Quote Originally Posted by Statuecollector
    Recently i moved all my telephone service, broadband and NOW TV to my new place, the old place for just for storage. never lived there. i got to there agent and the guy said it will take 3 to 4 weeks to move and i was like "WHY SO LONG???" he said because it is not emergency and i was like whatever as i do not really need it that quick because got the service in my other house. In the past when i had problem with there internet and i called them and they checked and see if something was wrong with there connection and they said there is something wrong and they will send a staff on the same day. i called like 3am and they came at 9am, i did not say emergency or get angry i was just normal calm and cool didnt mind waiting for a few days but they came in 6 hours. that was good service but it is crazy to wait 3 to 4 weeks. but anywayz back to the main subject after knowing have to wait that long i still said fine and he transfered me to the department where they do all the switching stuff... a lady picked up and confirm all address name and services i use then she say our staff can come in 3 days and i was like thats very good and i asked your other staff said 3 to 4 weeks and she was like "WHAT" that's crazy.. lol anywayz my story is just trying to say depends on your luck with who you get, some just purely rubbish and some just perfection as said by other members that some staff is really good...
    I take back everything i said.. PCCW is crazy... i given up on them... i am maddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

i think pccw are quite good, but it does sound like it depends on who u talk to... when i moved my connection, they told me 3 days as well. and i think it depends how flexible with times you are (probably quicker if you have someone in during the day).

i guess i appreciate it cos its pretty quick compared to UK! if i had the same thing in uk i wud probably be holding on the phone for an hour, get an engineer in a week, then he wouldnt have the right parts and it would be another week before it was all sorted! haha!

but i agree that their marketing ploys are annoying... i paid an extra month of MOOV and MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by Statuecollector
    I take back everything i said.. PCCW is crazy... i given up on them... i am maddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    They switched you back to 3-4 weeks or what?

Long story..... I got on the phone for like 2 hours with them no kidding. Firstly i purchuse the adapter for like NOW TV so i could watch without connecting a line to my machine and the modem and i brought the 700 bucks one because it could be watched on HDTV too, after installing it with the tech staff in my home it did not work and he said it would not work on a adapter and purely have to be place on the wall directly or do not place so much plugs on the adapter and by the way he took 3 hours in my home because there was some god knows what problem.... so after 3 long hours he left and the all things done but he just told me use less plugs or directly in wall and it will work, so he left. But obviouslly i tired directly and it worked and just tried on the adapter with just 2 power thingy and did not work ARGHHH so know i am using a wire connection to my modem and NOW TV MANCHINE, which in the first place i do not want.

THE WORST PART IS COMMING SO STAY TUNE!!

I contacted customer service and ask if i could return the NOW TV adapter as it would not work on placing on adapters and he said he needed to call the tech guy who was in my house and after 13 minutes of holding he said NO and i was like he was here 2 hours ago and he still said no because you purchused it and i was like complaing still espically now such technology is so good your product is like back in the 1980's then he said i will call the tech deapartment and ask and hold for like 30 minutes and he said yes it is like that as they say but i did not wanted to argue more and was willing to dump that 700 bucks in the bin as i still have more inqury, In the past 2 days before i moved i called customer service to upgrade my channles so i could watch all and i upgraded it - here is how it went. I asked him more for channles inquiry and the guy told me the price for NOW TV is $380 for half the channles or less which i have now. Then i could pay $430 for special price and have ALL THE CHANNLES, so obviouslly i said ok just for 50 bucks more i could have all the channles so i upgraded - end of phone call... Then when i began to watch after installing in my new home around 5 days later and there was around 8 english channles (WHICH I LIKE TO WATCH and i orginally had when i paid 380) and a bunch of other channles i don't want missing. so i phone them and i ask what happen to my channles, i got upgraded for such a expenisve price and a different staff said "YOUR PLAN NOT ALL CHANNLES" and i was like "WHAT" the other guy said "ALL THE CHANNLES" and he "said well it is not ALL and he said other people pay 680 for all channles and you get special offer" I was like ARGHHH !!!! Then i ask him "how much will it cost to add the other eight channles and he said special price for 99 dollars for 4 channles" (IN MY MIND I SAID EIGHT AND YOU ANSWER ME FOUR SO I GUES 99x2 FOR EIGHT THEM) and i said "How about if i want ALL and this time really ALL and he said $580 SPEICAL OFFER ( WHICH I DO NOT REALLY GET HOW EIGHT CHANNLES COST MORE THEN AROUND 10+ including those eight i wanted anywayz) I was like ARGHHH ok but then he said did not include this TVB CHINESE PACK and i was like, what the hell do you mean ALL when when you do not mean it.. and i asked if i wanted the TVB too then he said add another 100 bucks so total 680 and i was like how is this special when everyone pays this price... and obviouslly i got a dead silence........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................... and i was like arghhh and i said i will think about it and then i said i will call you back in a few days and he say you must get my staff number and when you call ask them to transfer to me as i am the only one can get you that special offer and i was like (IN MY MIND special my ass!! you said 680 all the people pay and now you offer me 680, how is this special!!!) but obviouslly he wants the comission... so am i not angry at this mess. My previous post was supporting them how good there service was and now they give me this shi*... Another note to add, i have cable in the living room and i got special offer for 220 and i told the staff you know NOW TV is good but i pay 220 for cable tv and you charge me 3 times the price and he said cable tv is different and i said i know but you do not charge 3 times the price espcially now the economy is so bad... you should be happy i am paying for 2 different broadband plan and 2 different phone number plan and a NOW TV which adds up to around 2000 a month and i am willing to stay in your rubbish company...

Last edited by Statuecollector; 08-03-2009 at 04:53 AM. Reason: EXTRA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2