Gold Diggers in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Question Gold Diggers in Hong Kong

Ok, I’m trying to think of way to say this without sounding bitter, but I think no matter how I phrase it some will jump all over me and say that I am, so here goes. What is it with some women in Hong Kong, notice I said some not all - no stereotyping here, who are only interested in how much money a guy has?

I’ve had this discussion with my female friends who tell me that a guy shows them how much he treasures them buy how much money he spends on them. Huh? Are they really that shallow? There are other ways, besides material possessions, for a man to show how much he cares for his lady love. Which makes me wonder, what do these women do to show how much they like their guy?

These same women tell me that they look for a guy with money for security, a provider. Well men don’t get any security, so what’s in it for us? Whatever happened to liking someone for who they are and how well they will treat you, not the size of his wallet? How would women feel if men only dated women for the size of their boo…oops, nevermind! Now on the flip side are the women who are realistic and claim that rich guys can be arrogant pricks and are looking for a man with more substance. Amen! The same goes for me with women and the aforementioned chest size. I am so much more attracted to brains than beauty, yet the initial physical attraction still needs to be there. The point is, there is so much more to a person than the superficial.

If a woman wants a nice car, a swanky Mid-levels apartment, expensive jewelry and fabulous vacations, why can’t she go out and get them for herself? Is women’s lib dead? Are we in the 21st century or the 18th? Why do these women EXPECT men to provide these things for them? I know lots of women with successful careers making more money than I am who can provide these things, yet they expect me to buy all the time. Some even try the guilt trip with lines like, “my other guy friends never let me pay.” Well goodie for them! Horny buggers with more money than brains who are only trying to get into your pants. We men have a word for women like that, high maintenance. And I have met quite a few women here with maintenance issues; women that won’t even take the time to get to know a guy unless he spends a bundle on her first. I’ve also met lots of women that are very giving and generous in many ways, so don’t accuse me of being jaded or lumping all women into the same category.

I think that’s what befuddles so many men these days is women want to be treated like equals, but still want men to treat them like princesses and pay for everything. Make your choice, which way do you want it?

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all about the wine, roses, romance and spoiling a woman. What chaps my behind is the expectation that it’s my solemn duty to constantly provide dinner at expensive restaurants et cetera. Relationships are supposed to be give and take, and I don’t mean that men give and women take. There should be some reciprocal giving involved here. Yet I get accused of being cheap! Excuse me? Just because I am careful with my money and saving for my future does not make me cheap, because I think a woman should chip in for dinner and a movie now and then. I’ve been unemployed before and it’s important to me to make sure I have money saved for a rainy day; more important to me than ensuring my dates romantic material expectations. I find it rather ironic that a woman who won’t spend a dime on a man has the nerve to call him cheap.

Which brings me to my conclusion, if these women are only looking for a guy to spend his money on them and the men are only obliging to get sex, what does that make these women? That’s right, you guessed it, prostitutes! They call me cheap, I call them shallow. Any thoughts? Let the debate begin.

Well, can not think of a reply as of yet but............
    I agree people might jump all over you for expressing your
    opinion but i think you are right. I have seen and met and heard of THOSE women and they do my nut in with their attitude that
    that is how it should be and thats what they want......urgh!
    Anyhows fair play to you. I will enjoy reading the comments to follow.

Well, first of all, there ARE men who only look for women with big boo...bs. And there are men who only date women who are physically attractive. So I wouldn't place all the blame on the female side. And as for expecting women to make it on their own, even today, even in the 21st century, it is still harder for them to get to the same place, financially, as it is for men. So, in general, the man should be the provider.

Having said that, I feel that companies should be allowed to hire whomever they want to. This is a problem in the US, I believe. A company hires a man over a woman, BECAUSE he is a man, and then the woman sues. So now, some companies are forced to hire the woman over the man because of the fear of being sued, and....WHOOPS, the man is now on the receiving end of gender discrimination. There is a term for this: reverse discrimination. My point is, a company should be able to hire whomever they wish to, and if they make the wrong decision, then they get punished in the long run. Soon, because of a process similar to natural selection, only the companies that hire the most qualified employees will survive the cutthroat competition.

The reason a women may not fare as well as a man would, and perhaps unfortunately, is because the woman is more likely to have to leave a job because of a baby, and therefore will be less of a contribution to a company then a man would. who doesn't have to worry about this change in lifestyle

My point is, that the woman is punished financially, and therefore it is the man's job to provide in this department. If you don't like this, then you better be ready to spend a lot of time in the singles' department waiting for the 'perfect' girl.

WoW sensitive guy u should change ur name to Angry guy! lol...just kidding!

There are a lot of Gold Diggers in HK but isnt it anywhere else too?I have to say that MOST Hk girls are spoilt,thats cos u guys offer to pay for things. So dont go paying for things and then complain behind her back. U can say NO & dont need to do it whatsoever!!!!

I am not arguing cos i consider myself as one of those real 21st century girls who doesnt need men to pay for things! I'd rather pay for myself or take in turns in case guys like yrself start bitching!!

>> What is it with some women in Hong Kong, notice I said some not all - no stereotyping here, who are only interested in how much money a guy has?

Where did you say you're from? I'd point you to a dozen stereotypes closer to home.

>> They call me cheap, I call them shallow. Any thoughts? Let the debate begin.

Nah .. its over. You've got the last word, lets leave it at that.