Self Storage in HK

Closed Thread

Self Storage in HK

With the downsize in the economy I will soon need to downsize my apartment size.

Unfortunately, after moving countries every 2-3 years over the last 12 years, we have accumulated a lot of stuff and even after ditching a significant amount of our household goods, it is quite likely that we need to move some items to a self-storage place.

I am less interested in a place which takes the boxes, furniture etc and keeps it as opposed to a place where you can go in and out as you please to collect/drop your things.

Could folks here recommend a place and if someone could give me an idea of costs for a room which is about 12 feet by 12 feet with a std height.

Try these guys. I don't know anything about them, have just seen adverts. Hong Kong self storage public facility

Cheers

We have been using Hong Kong Storage in Tin Hau. They give you a smart card so you can go in 24/7

a 12x12 is a bit too big unless you have tons of furniture. For most ppl with 2br apartment 8x8 is more than enough.

One tip, if you don't need to access your stuff that often, rent a mini storage that is not in hong kong island, it is much cheaper in the Kowloon side