Is there a 'garage street' in Mong Kok?

Closed Thread

Is there a 'garage street' in Mong Kok?

Like the title says. Is there an area of Mong Kok with a concentration of auto repair workshops? I'm looking for somewhere that sells sulfuric acid as I'm going to do my own anodizing... the auto stores that I've been to on HK side (Sheung Wan) so far have been pretty useless- I would have thought battery acid would have been a pretty standard item for a garage. Instead, I've been told that I've got to go to the dark side for such exotica.

The "dark side" is obviously HK Island if you're in the dark about finding auto repair shops. Heaven forbid you actually have to go North to the best place in the SAR, Kowloon.

Although you've insulted Kowloon, we'll chalk it up to ignorance. There are indeed several such shops around Macpherson Playground. Try going out around Nelson Street, off Sai Yee Street. The closest MTR exit is E2. Just keep walking straight until you pass the China Travel Services building.

Thanks for the streets.

You also missed what I thought was the glaringly obvious attempt at humour in my original post, but I'll chalk that up to common interweb confusion

Sorry, it's an automatic reaction to any insult to the best place in HK, Kowloon. Hope you can find what you need. If not, I just found a few shops in To Kwa Wan off Ma Tau Wai Rd (including a place with a picture of a light bus transformer), a bit past Man Yue St.