Hong Kong Post - Online Shipping Services?

Closed Thread

Hong Kong Post - Online Shipping Services?

I just received an air mail packet from a business in Hung Hom to my local address, and noticed that the customs declaration form and even the postage seemed to be all electronically printed by their own.

Can anybody provide some insight on this service? I've been to the Hong Kong Post website numerous times but never came across this..

The printed customs declaration form is the POS401G form that is required to be filled and signed that is mandatory.

very simple, that company scanned in the customs declaration form and then prints out the label together with address and form and sticks it on the envelopes/parcels.

we do it the same way. saves us lots of time because I have an online shop business.

But this doesn't account for the "Postage Paid" that was electronically printed. I've found some documents on their site since the opening post, but I'm having some trouble interpreting what it exactly means in regards to what businesses are qualified to do it.

Any insight on that end? We've got an in-house weight machine and basically affix base postage and have stacks of customs declaration forms from the postal outlets.

You probably have to meet a minimum volume of mail and discuss it with the post office. At the basic level you can usually get a machine with a pre-paid card for printing your own stamps. Delivery agents in more IT literate nations have all the services available online to get barcodes to print.

This seems to match your description, pre-paid envelopes and boxes, stamps are laser printed onto a sticky label:

Hongkong Post - Prepaid Postal Boxes / Envelopes