Book by Post

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Book by Post

While rambling around Mui Wo I came across a book on a bench.It was sheer chance that we met as I'm sure in a while it would have been part of some little old lady's booty bound for recycling.
    Now that I have finished it I would like to send it on its way, and a park bench does not seem a good idea, so how about I post it in exchange for another obscure hardcover novel ?
    If you are short of OHNs there are plenty in the $5 bins at bookstores and fairs around town.
    The book I am talking up is THE FACE OF INNOCENCE by William Sansom [1951]

Last edited by kombuchakid; 18-03-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Only hardovers please as obscure paperbacks don't age well

What's an OHN?

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid:
    Now that I have finished it I would like to send it on its way, and a park bench does not seem a good idea, so how about I post it in exchange for another obscure hardcover novel ?...
    Have you checked out BookCrossing yet? The book may have been deliberately left there for some kind soul to find.

Also, you could try BookMooch. It's a global book trading network that works on a point system. Mail (or drop off) a book, get points. Use points to receive a book from a fellow member. Works pretty well, if you don't mind hunting a bit.
    Last edited by jahoga; 19-03-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: changed urls

OHN=obscure hardcover novel

Yes I am aware of the various book passing methods, but the park bench would be very risky here, what with the high number of non English speaking recyclers roaming loose here.

Which is why I think my book by post scheme is a more secure way.

pm me if you want A FACE OF INNOCENCE.

Not much luck with this book by post idea
    maybe I should try a frying pan by post?

Send Me Home - World Peace through Wandering Items