people needed! ;-)

Closed Thread

people needed! ;-)

I've been in Hong Kong for a couple of months and have settled well in my job here, gotten used to the weather, gotten used to the massive crowds of people everywhere and so on. However, the social side of my life here still needs some serious work...

I'm finding it pretty challenging to find 'real' friends among the locals, probably because of the language barrier. I'm looking for some people to hang out with in my free time (locals or expats). It would especially be nice with some female friends (not a requirement, but the few people I know here are all male, which is fine, but sometimes some female 'input' is really needed) that would be interested in going shopping or maybe doing some kind of sports together. Or just simply chat and hang out doing girly stuff.
    I am female, and 26 years old by the way.

Happyinhongkong

In same boat as you...

I came back here due to a family emergency a few months ago. I was born here but moved overseas a long time ago, and don't know a soul in the city except for my relatives.

I'd also like someone to talk to except for my parents, and my boyfriend back in Toronto.

Do you do yoga? I go everyday. I also like to paint my toenails, knit, and read (yes, I am somewhat of a nerd).

HappyinHK,

Why not join us for dinner tomorrow?

Rani

Both this and other expat forums here in HK have groups of people who get together on a very regular basis, be it just for drinks or for pub quiz teams or hiking or whatever. Just surf around around and feel free to wander along to advertised gatherings - my experience is that expat groups in HK are as tolerant and welcoming as it is possible to be.

(Although that KIA guy can be a bit grumpy sometimes )

PDLM, I'm not going to have your promoting your agenda or competing websites here. Take it somewhere else.