flying question...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

flying question...

hey guys-

I have a "problem". I fly a LOT, like about 60K miles in the past year, but even with all of this flying I can NEVER manage to relax on the plane.

I think I have tried everything- drinking lightly and heavily, sleeping pills, benadryll, eating, fasting, meditating and every combination of the above that is possible. Still, nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have the same problem, and if so, how do they deal with it? I feel like I have aged a good 10 years after a 16 hour flight back home, and am just trying to find a way to avoid that...

thanks in advance, and by the way, this happens to me in ALL classes, not just economy.

hav u tried not sleeping the nite b4? dat usually does da trick for me... i hate sleeping on da plane da constant buzzing u get from da engines.

* i mean i hate TRYING to sleep on the plane... i LOVE sleeping wen i can tho :P

60K a year is definitely on the high side but not necessarily a LOT. Anyway I agree with munki on not sleeping the night before. The objective is the baord the plane as tired as you can be OR with as much work as you an accumulate.

Golf, when I did the "If its tuesday it must be Seoul" routine, short distance flights were usually braindead... no problem.

Long distance flights.. just got to either not sleep before the flights.. or not sleep after you land till the appropriate hour.

You'll adjust.. one of these days.

if you come dancing with us the night before and head straight to the airport after, then you will have a good sleep/rest...i will try to stay awake with you...what are mates for??

Angie- Youre the best...

i have tried not sleeping on the night before, but instead my head just really hurt from lack of sleep. I was really really tired, but felt like my head was gonna fall off. I took some panadol, but that just woke me up again. I agree KIA, anything under 3 hours is routine for me now, but its the HK-USA or HK- Europe flights that kill me.

The ONLY time i have slept on a plane was after a near OD on nyquil, and I slept a whopping 3 hours on a LA-HK leg. I am asking because I have a monster trip coming up, and if i dont sleep on the plane, I might go certifyably insane!

I will try the awake before the flight thing again. hopefully it works this time.

Plan on arriving a day or two before you need to be functional.

KIA, no chance... the corporate gods insist that I group my trips together for as little time as possible. I do a 5 country tour in 2 weeks starting on the 8th, but 1 week of that is "vacation".

Quote Originally Posted by golfduke
    i have tried not sleeping on the night before, but instead my head just really hurt from lack of sleep. I was really really tired, but felt like my head was gonna fall off.
    How about not sleeping enough 2-3 days before flight and more than enough sleep (i.e. 12 hrs) a nite before... Kinda brain storming, U see!!
    P.S: If u r left with no workaround to kill the pain, try to enjoy it...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast