Hot tub on roof top.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hot tub on roof top.

Hi
    We are looking to put an infalatable hot tub on our roof top. The weight of the hot tub is with people and water, 1645kg with an area of 4.71M^2. Is this too much for a roof top? the building is about 24 years old but seems to be pretty sturdy. It is based in quarry bay.
    Who would be the best person consult (building managament or owner) if it is possible or if the roof will collapse.
    Thanks George

The management "might" have the loading limits for the roof. Best to check .. as there might be some insurance issues if you put an un-authorised "structure", which then causes third party damage.

Not sure how people do it .. have seen several ads in our property section for apartments with roof top jacuzzi setups.

i would consult a structural engineer and the chance of a total collapse is very minimal as the rebars should hold parts of the loose concrete together. as soon as the water is out the tub the weight should be somewhat evenly distributes throughout the whole building.

Your bigger concern should be what if your tub burst / leak? Water can do far greater damage. It suppose the risks you take are exponentially proportional to how hot the chicks are.

Hiya,

This isn't really an answer for your question, but I was hoping you could tell me where in HK I can find these 'inflatable jacuzzi's'?? I have a rooftop terrace too and would love to have one up there in summer.

I will enquire the regulations of having a jacuzzi on the roof top for my building (as the building is quite old) and I will pass on the info to you.

Thanks

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I don't know of anyone who has purchased from this company. Perhaps others have and will comment.

Expatspaytoomuch.com

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The management "might" have the loading limits for the roof. Best to check .. as there might be some insurance issues if you put an un-authorised "structure", which then causes third party damage.

Not sure how people do it .. have seen several ads in our property section for apartments with roof top jacuzzi setups.
    Shri is right. To put something like this there best get full authorization and do some checking.

There surely would be insurance issues if the hot top breaks and there is any damage to the building. You best also be checking that your flat insurance covers water escaping from this. I don't mean the insurance your building has for its building, but I mean yours as any water escape and damage would be borne by your insurance coverage not the building insurance.

most "roof" space in hong kong are not occupy-able space. so most insurance policy will not cover damages from unauthorized use.

Note: I aint no insurance agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    I don't know of anyone who has purchased from this company. Perhaps others have and will comment.

Expatspaytoomuch.com
    It looks nice though

looks like someone should have a party on their rooftop...

but yeah, get insurance first... haha!

I reckon we could put one of those on the boat ... at least it would be fine if it burst and the water went everywhere! (And I don't have to ask anyone's permission!).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast