HK Parkview - headaches from nearby cables?

Closed Thread

HK Parkview - headaches from nearby cables?

We're thinking of moving and HK Parkview is on our list. But we heard you might get headaches since they're pretty close to the high voltage cables?

Also - is it really so humid there all year round that you have to have the A/C on all the time?

Thanks,
    Kat

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Those high-tension towers are on the way up to HK PV, not particularly close to the residential area. In over 5 years there I haven't heard about a headache problem. Towers 6-15 would be at far end from the road going.

Years ago a wag once described Parkview as 'Gweilos in the Mist'. It does get a bit more humid than places lower down. Certain days the towers can be seen enshrouded in mist from Stubbs Road below. We find a few good dehumidifiers to be sufficient. If you don't have them, then the AC alternative (running low) could be used. A good R/E agent ought to be able to give advice.

Thanks, HKFella. So does it mean Towers 6-15 are further away from the power cables?

Thanks a lot,
    Kat

The mist problem affects a lot of people in high places.

The Peak, IFC2 ... premium locations with no view. Yes, there is some irony to this.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Originally posted by kat
    Thanks, HKFella. So does it mean Towers 6-15 are further away from the power cables?

Thanks a lot,
    Kat
    Yup, they are - and then there's the whole central structure of HK PV above in between. (The only cables I'm aware of are those transformer and distribution towers some 2/3 of the road climbing towards HK PV). Go, take a look first hand to be sure.

Re the mist, it's only at certain times of year, and only some days at that. Rest of the time, when it's not overcast over all of HK, great views are to be had. However, often enough you can see the bulk of the great basin below northwards (Happy Valley, Eastern Mid-Levels, downtown HK, Wanchai and everything east of it, Kowloon and beyond) covered with the brown haze of polluted air way into the distance. It's only from nearabouts Adventist, French Intl School, and the upper part of Jardine's Lookout that the air above starts looking clear. The South side, of course, doesn't suffer from the same problem.

Hi Kat,

I've been staying here at HK ParkView for about a month now. There don't appear to be any of these cables that you speak of very close by. As far as I can tell, that is hardly an issue.

Concerning the mist, YES. The entire small valley that ParkView is built in was covered/misty more days than not in the past 4 weeks. On days when I could not see past the neighboring towers from ParkView I thought it was cloudy all over, but a drive down towards Central or Wan Chai made me realize that only Parkview was sitting under the clouds.

I must admit we have also been looking for a place here and looked at more than 3 apartments here in ParkView (we are staying in the Suites until next week). It was very tempting, but the conditions of the apartments and the location made us decide otherwise. For the same budget, we found a much nicer place.

Hope this helps.