Indian food in Sheung Wan

Closed Thread

Indian food in Sheung Wan

Can anyone recommend any take away places in the Sheung Wan area which sell lunch boxes. I work through lunch so it has to be take away

Thanks

The *only* Indian place I know of in Sheung Wan is Masala.

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread21861.html

Not sure if they do lunch boxes, but I'm sure they do takeaway. I don't like them much, others seem to think they're okay.

Masala's lunch specials start at $42 or $48, I forget which. Comes with naan, rice, soup, small salad & your main. Overall, not a bad deal.

At lunchtime, it's definitely better to do takeaway, because their space is just too small & noisy. Dinner is nice - fewer people and you get the chance to chat a bit with the lovely crew that run the place.

actually you're wrong, there is more than one indian place in sheung wan

others include

frontier curry and tandoori - rm 101, 1st floor, 1-3 wing lok st

印度菜 Indian 上環 Sheung Wan 餐廳搜尋結果 - 香港餐廳指南 - 飲食資訊 - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant

or even nepanese food (assume similar to indian)
    Simply Carl i-Curry - 1 queens st cooked food centre

中東菜 Middle Eastern 尼泊爾美食 的概要 - 香港餐廳 - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant

I did say "that I know of".

Are either of them any good? Or are they 'localised'?

nepalese food in i-curry seems to authentic, though it's location is not posh as it's in a market, however, the quality of food is comparable with indian/sub indian food in uk as well as the owners appear to nepalese/indian

i-curry delivers, too. Or it used to. The shop recently changed owners (and name?), but the food is still extremely delicious and close enough to authentic (though lunch offerings are not as varied). Take away is also available there.