Like Tree4Likes

Where can I send an international fax from?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where can I send an international fax from?

I need to send a document overseas ASAP, but since I'm not currently working, I don't have access to a fax machine. Is there a business center type place in HK where I can pay to have them send faxes? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by squaretompkins:
    I need to send a document overseas ASAP, but since I'm not currently working, I don't have access to a fax machine. Is there a business center type place in HK where I can pay to have them send faxes? Thanks!
    I think all 7-11 stores have this service(for a fee of course), but forgot whether they can do overseas or not...

7/ 11 does only local fax. Some Internet cafes have fax services as well, I faxed Intl from a cafe in Central.

Local stationary shops also offer fax services.

Why some companies still prefer faxes over emailed documents in 2009 puzzles me.

Quote Originally Posted by squaretompkins:
    Will they not accept scanning? It is even better than fax for clarity if signatures are an issue.

If you have computer and Skype, then you might try this:
    PamFax - Easily send faxes to any fax number in the world.

I've not used it myself, but a friend uses it regularly and has recommended it to me a few times.

HC

Quote Originally Posted by hkken569:
    Why some companies still prefer faxes over emailed documents in 2009 puzzles me.
    Governments and quangos will always be backward compared with industry.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    Governments and quangos will always be backward compared with industry.
    I would not use the word "backward". They tend to use technology only after it has been fully proven and out in the open for a while. The best comparison I can think of is why people stick to RHEL when then can use the latest Fedora (ok maybe not application to Fax but generally speaking)

And some governments have less inertia than others. I was able to renew resident status in Singapore using their online application and scanned copy of documents (we are talking visa here folks .... very impressed). I got a barcode image that I am supposed to print and pin to my passport

Thanks for the responses! I pounded the pavement in Central and was able to send my fax at a dodgy looking internet cafe on Wellington St.

But until facsimile technology is phased out, here is a list of faxing places for anyone who may stumble across this post in the future. You can send international faxes from most local stationery shops, photo-developing shops, internet cafes and some hotels. It is all at a price though - $15-$20 HKD per page! Unfortunately, the 7Elevens and magazine shops will only send local faxes at this time. I also asked at the Central Post Office, and they recommended a place in the World Wide House.

ariel3112 and h.h.e.f. like this.

I am also looking for international fax service to send a bank signature card. Any suggestions for a safe and secure international fax service? Don't mind paying a small fee. Thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast