Like Tree8Likes

Annoying HSBC Security Device

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Also, they often have ATMS in locations where there are no banks
    The bit about ATM's is not true, since all the banks in HK (except for HSBC and Hang Seng) are part of the JETCO network and can be used free of charge. This means if you are with HSBC or Hang Seng, you are at a disadvantage and have access to fewer ATM's than any other bank in HK.

Bryant.English: for all the points you raise, all of them hold true for my banks and they outperform HSBC in all the points without the crap paperwork that needs to ve presented in person at the branch after waiting 30 minutes in the queue.
    Posted via Mobile Device

i used to find it a hassle on the paper work to be filed when i want to add a payee, especially when i am overseas.

but thinking out loud, there are real objectives to such a procedure. The main one being that if your account has been compromised for one reason or another (i.e. both pass words and token been taken over by someone) then the best ATM way to rip off your assets is thru 1. adding a payee, 2. paying into that account, 3. withdrawing and closing that account then bail out.

so in that context, what hsbc does is indeed an added layer of protection especially for people like myself who tend not to check my account for months at a time (when not in hk).

It's a bit childish to play the game of "my bank is better than yours". That's the beauty of competition, you find the one that meets your need best and that's the end of that. I've been with over a dozen banks in my life and frankly, to me it's 4 quarters to a dollar. They each have their own advantages and disadvantages. HSBC suits me at the moment, if I feel it doesn't work anymore, I'll switch over in a heartbeat which I indicated on a couple of occasions to them to bring about quicker actions on a couple of issues.

At the end of the day all banks are businesses who are after your money.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Banks are not the only thing after your money in this city. Atleast the banks return it and offer capital protection (well to a certain degree)

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Banks are businesses that need to make money to run their operations and provide services to their clients..

Same as any other business (lawyers included :-))

I'm fine with banks making money...but the easier it is for me to deal with them, the easier it is for them to make money off me.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12