Like Tree8Likes

Annoying HSBC Security Device

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Irritating .. but effective video on two factor authentication

Last edited by shri; 30-03-2009 at 01:57 PM.

Have had mine for three years for the personal banking, and a year for business banking, no problem so far, have never had to replace it.

totally agree........I had a new one delivered to me as the old one gave up on me after 1 year .. then the new one came which was faulty so had to return it and then wait weeks to have a new one delivered. Then tried to do a third party transfer online which could not go through until someone at the bank "fixed" a configuration which noone could explain to me why was necessary. Very very irritating to say the least.

agree that it makes online banking safer but not worth the trouble. a simpler way improve the security is to change your password regularly.

Like Shri and PDLM, I've had mine for a good three years without any issues whatsoever.

I think the device is very good. I have it for my HSBC and hang seng account too but the hang seng account is stupid because you do not need it to log in and only for transfers, i would want it for log in too. I got mine when HSBC first had and i log in everyday and till now around 3 years never changed it yet. Never ran out of Batt or malfunctioned

I treat mint quite rough. Its in my keychain for 3 years and no problems at all.

I quite like 2 factor authentication, in fact I think its a necessity in today's insecure network environment. Are there still any banks out there that are doing just username/password. I thought everyone has a hardware token or SMS authentication.. right?

>> Are there still any banks out there that are doing just username/password

I think Standard Chartered is simple user id / password. Not sure, I've not logged into that account in a year or two.

yeah no problem have one for personal account as well as Company account and no issue at all

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    >> Are there still any banks out there that are doing just username/password

I think Standard Chartered is simple user id / password. Not sure, I've not logged into that account in a year or two.
    Yes, SC is uid/pwd. Bank of East Asia is acct/pwd, though the password input is done through a on-screen keyboard for extra security (rather than SC, which could be caught by a key logger).

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast