Need 'man with a van' for move this weekend

Closed Thread

Need 'man with a van' for move this weekend

My gf and I are moving out of our temp apartment in to our permanent place this weekend. I'm looking to see if I can get someone to provide transportation to the new location for us and our stuff. There's going to be 5 large suitcases, 2 small suitcases , 1 small animal carrier (with 2 guinea pigs) and some minor other stuff.

The move isn't very far. It's from Staunton Street up to Conduit Road in mid-levels \ SOHO. I just have no desire to lug everything up the escalators.

If anyone here could lend a hand or knows someone who can, please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated!

The number for "man with a van" in Hong Kong is 9779 7659.

I once used them to move a wardrobe I didn't need anymore. I can't quite remember how much they cost - a few hundred dollars or so. Would be interested to hear what they'd quote for you.

if you don't mind, I can help move the suitcases up from the escalator!

Plenty of numbers here. You normally need to book an hour an advance.

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread8246.html

I used Easy Van 便利 for moving last month.

Their prices are ~100 HKD. For transporting my cat I called them and they were ready to pick me up 15 minutes later.

[url=http://www.26640000.com/chi/home.html]

Last edited by Ling_Ling; 31-03-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Thank you VERY much for all the replies. This is such a terrific forum with people who're always willing to help.

Muse07,

I got quoted ~$300, but I'm not convinced they understood what I was looking for.

Apple&Dog,

Thank you so much for the offer. I really just want to be able to do everything in one trip. A van will be the easiest way.

Ling_Ling,

Easy Van looks like they'll be perfect for the move! Their prices are terrific!

If you need their help to carry stuff, expect to pay an additional $300

goldenegg, you should get all your stuff ready by the road either call the van then or just before you have finished moving your stuff and wait for the van as they will give your 15 mins to load/unload the stuff, dont expect the van driver to help as like Rani said they usually charge money unless you find a really good driver who is helpful.