Why are Hong Kong people sooooo selfish?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Clear Water Bay (In Da Jungle)
    Posts
    9,968
    Quote Originally Posted by shai:
    Hmmm, I had a horrible experience in Parknshop. I have lived here for a very long time and was shocked at the attitude of the local guy. It was Sunday and the shop was packed, I was walking and suddenly someone clipped me on my ankle (it was painful) with their trolley wheel. Thinking it was my daughter I turned to tell her off, but it was a youngish guy and he just passed me without an apology. So I asked him to apologize. His replied"you were walking slow". Me " Why didn't you just say excuse me instead of hitting me with the trolley?" Then he said "F**k you and walked off"!!

    I couldn't swear back at him as my kids were with me, but I was so angry.

    I know not all locals have bad manners like him, but I just wanted to tell you my experience as I am still shocked.
    I would have bit#c slapped that moron.

    Learn to curse in cantonese so that your kids dont know what your saying.

    Cantonese Swearing

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    41

    hahaha, actually my son is 12, so I shouldn't be saying swear words in Chinese!! He is very attentitive to learning new swear words!!

    Maybe should have shown him the famous "nepali" temper eh bhai?!!


  3. #33

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    53

    What does Hong Kong people know about the rest of the world?

    I don’t mean to be rude or anything to anyone. I know a lot of good people and things that I really like in Hong Kong as well. Things are like that in all places, I think. Some things are bad and some are good. But my interpretation of Hong Kong people is that not many genuine Hong Kong citizens know so much about the world outside of Hong Kong except from China, Japan, Taiwan and Korea. These countries seem to be very popular and like food, brands businesses, family-relationships etc seem to be in a close relationship. Though, I have got the experience that Hong Kong people don’t know so much about other countries. I feel sometimes that they don’t seem to want to know maybe because of all that matters to them is time and money like someone wrote here before. Where I come from, the crowded subways in the morning when people push their way through to jump on the next coach would never ever be allowed. Not maybe mostly because of that my countries government will put up restrictions. The first reason would be that the citizens in my country would never accept to have it in that way. Because now it feels like all people here in Hong Kong are just accepting it and are instead blaming each other if the space in the metro is limited, instead of blaming the government that not do anything about it. Making an excuse by saying Hong Kong is small and crowded does not really work. Why cannot anyone start to ask questions instead? How shall we solve this problem? What can we do about it? Etc. I feel that thinking outside of the box doesn’t even exist in Hong Kong. Someone will always refer to a rule, and if there are a rule people are almost like slaves to follow. Of not knowing how it works in other countries illuminate alternatives to look at things different.


  4. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    HIGH UP IN THE SKY
    Posts
    744

    maybe cursing will solve the selfishness problem of the hong kong people.

    from now on, we should all start our sentences with "dill"

    dill - time to go home


  5. #35

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    HIGH UP IN THE SKY
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Mircolan:
    I don’t mean to be rude or anything to anyone. I know a lot of good people and things that I really like in Hong Kong as well. Things are like that in all places, I think. Some things are bad and some are good. But my interpretation of Hong Kong people is that not many genuine Hong Kong citizens know so much about the world outside of Hong Kong except from China, Japan, Taiwan and Korea. These countries seem to be very popular and like food, brands businesses, family-relationships etc seem to be in a close relationship. Though, I have got the experience that Hong Kong people don’t know so much about other countries. I feel sometimes that they don’t seem to want to know maybe because of all that matters to them is time and money like someone wrote here before. Where I come from, the crowded subways in the morning when people push their way through to jump on the next coach would never ever be allowed. Not maybe mostly because of that my countries government will put up restrictions. The first reason would be that the citizens in my country would never accept to have it in that way. Because now it feels like all people here in Hong Kong are just accepting it and are instead blaming each other if the space in the metro is limited, instead of blaming the government that not do anything about it. Making an excuse by saying Hong Kong is small and crowded does not really work. Why cannot anyone start to ask questions instead? How shall we solve this problem? What can we do about it? Etc. I feel that thinking outside of the box doesn’t even exist in Hong Kong. Someone will always refer to a rule, and if there are a rule people are almost like slaves to follow. Of not knowing how it works in other countries illuminate alternatives to look at things different.
    stay in school

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Siu Lam
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Mircolan:
    , instead of blaming the government that not do anything about it.
    Are you french ?

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,163

    While the essence of what you are trying to say is not all wrong and has a degree of truth, the way you are presenting is all wrong, and its exaggerated. Laugh it out will you


  8. #38

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    53

    How do you know..

    Quote Originally Posted by krypton:
    While the essence of what you are trying to say is not all wrong and has a degree of truth, the way you are presenting is all wrong, and its exaggerated. Laugh it out will you
    ..if I exaggerated it. For you as a local citizen, maybe it doesn't matter, to other it does!

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    569

    I am curious. Where do you come from?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mircolan:
    I don’t mean to be rude or anything to anyone. I know a lot of good people and things that I really like in Hong Kong as well. Things are like that in all places, I think. Some things are bad and some are good. But my interpretation of Hong Kong people is that not many genuine Hong Kong citizens know so much about the world outside of Hong Kong except from China, Japan, Taiwan and Korea. These countries seem to be very popular and like food, brands businesses, family-relationships etc seem to be in a close relationship. Though, I have got the experience that Hong Kong people don’t know so much about other countries. I feel sometimes that they don’t seem to want to know maybe because of all that matters to them is time and money like someone wrote here before. Where I come from, the crowded subways in the morning when people push their way through to jump on the next coach would never ever be allowed. Not maybe mostly because of that my countries government will put up restrictions. The first reason would be that the citizens in my country would never accept to have it in that way. Because now it feels like all people here in Hong Kong are just accepting it and are instead blaming each other if the space in the metro is limited, instead of blaming the government that not do anything about it. Making an excuse by saying Hong Kong is small and crowded does not really work. Why cannot anyone start to ask questions instead? How shall we solve this problem? What can we do about it? Etc. I feel that thinking outside of the box doesn’t even exist in Hong Kong. Someone will always refer to a rule, and if there are a rule people are almost like slaves to follow. Of not knowing how it works in other countries illuminate alternatives to look at things different.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Mircolan:
    ..if I exaggerated it. For you as a local citizen, maybe it doesn't matter, to other it does!
    Did not quite get what you mean here..... local citizen? I am local by virtue for living here.... am not a citizen here...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast