Is there a market for Handmade card in Hong kong?

Closed Thread

Is there a market for Handmade card in Hong kong?

I'm designing my own wedding invitation and will be doing all the printing and die cutting myself, and it got me thinking Before i invest in the (hometype) letter press and die cut machine.

It sound like a big investment Just to make 250 cards for my guests.
    so i wonder... If there's a market out there for people who want to buy unique design card for any occasion at all?

what do you think?

I found it really hard to find a birthday card for my Mum a few months ago. I found the shops to either not stock anything suitable, or for the cards to be extraordinarily expensive compared to what I am used to.

So this might tell you there is a market. Or it might tell you that locals do not buy cards, so only a few shops stock a few cards for expats ....

Perhaps you should talk to Shri? In the UK/Aus etc, bookshops stock cards (that is where I would automatically look!) so perhaps he can help you out on the shopinhk website and you can both benefit. At least an online option would allow you to start small with low overheads.....

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I found it really hard to find a birthday card for my Mum a few months ago. I found the shops to either not stock anything suitable, or for the cards to be extraordinarily expensive compared to what I am used to.
    Logon has an awesome range of birthday cards including many hand made.

There are oodles of companies doing custom wedding anything just go to the wedding mall in Mongkok.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:

So this might tell you there is a market. Or it might tell you that locals do not buy cards, so only a few shops stock a few cards for expats ....

Perhaps you should talk to Shri? In the UK/Aus etc, bookshops stock cards (that is where I would automatically look!) so perhaps he can help you out on the shopinhk website and you can both benefit. At least an online option would allow you to start small with low overheads.....
    Thank you for your input , once i done my wedding invitation i'll sure look Shri up. online shop would be an ideal cheaper and will definitely keep the cost down.