Haldiram and other Indian Snacks

Closed Thread

Haldiram and other Indian Snacks

Folks - I just moved to HK from Florida. I am trying to find Indian stores that carry unexpired Haldiram and other Indiann snacks (Numkeens). So far, my forays into TST have only resulted in stores with moldy spices and long expired packages of Indian snacks. Any suggestions as to where I can find fresh Haldiram and other Indian groceries will be welcome.

Hi,
    I know in TST lots of indian provision shops.I guess u have to look around.There are few in Chung King Mansion and i know Maharajas in Carnavon Rd. Check it out.Where do u live by the way?as there are nepali shops too who sells indian stuff Jordan,Wan chai and in central.Goodluck

There is a shop in Mirador mansion (TST) that has Haldiram stuff (and I think it is a authorised outlet). Name Kiran stores I think.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

fresh Haldiram and other Indian groceries

New Delhi Store -Ground floor-Chungking - has good turnover so fresh stuff is assured AND they deliver

Amul milk and cheese from the plains of Gujrat is their latest offering and cheaper then the local stuff

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread3650-delhi.html

Thanks guys (and/or gals). Very useful information. Will save me making regular pilgrimage to Injah and coming back laden with spices. Kowloon Tong, where I live, does not seem to have any decent or otherwise Indian restaurants or stores.

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid:
    New Delhi Store -Ground floor-Chungking - has good turnover so fresh stuff is assured AND they deliver

Amul milk and cheese from the plains of Gujrat is their latest offering and cheaper then the local stuff

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread3650-delhi.html

Flor: You are the second person who mentioned Nepali shops to me for fresher stuff. Curious - any reason why Nepali shops do well in the freshness department?

Quote Originally Posted by flor:
    Hi,
    I know in TST lots of indian provision shops.I guess u have to look around.There are few in Chung King Mansion and i know Maharajas in Carnavon Rd. Check it out.Where do u live by the way?as there are nepali shops too who sells indian stuff Jordan,Wan chai and in central.Goodluck