Pickup lost property from Changi to Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pickup lost property from Changi to Hong Kong

I left a suit on a Qantas flight to Singapore before Easter. I had a friend coming who was going to pick it up from Changi and bring it to me here, but he forgot .... Have just contacted DHL and they said "cannot pickup overseas if you do not have an account". Tried ringing Qantas - no help whatsoever.

Does anyone else have any other ideas? Know any other courier companies that WILL pickup without an account (ideally for not a huge sum of money!).

As it involved customs etc, not easy for anyone to pickup. Even courier might cost you close to 1000HK$..better fly yourself to pick up as these days the flight ticket is just above 1000$ to singapore..

Does your company have a courier account with international pick-up service that you could use and then pay back?

Else, anyone on this forum who travels to Singapore frequently and happy to be a good samaritan?

Quote Originally Posted by Swell:
    Else, anyone on this forum who travels to Singapore frequently and happy to be a good samaritan?
    You never know what Moving could be smuggling, Singapore is not one of the best places to get caught. Haahaa

Moving, you should just fly down there for a weekend and get it back yourself, like what GHKG recommended. Flights are so cheap.

My company might have such an account with Fedex... I have made tentative enquiries but our admin girl who deals with this stuff does not speak good English and has something of a habit of stuffing up couriering things (from past experience!) so this is my last option (and most expensive, I think). It's also not a great company for coping with "personal stuff done on company accounts" (in fact, it's quite, quite terrible at this and I'm likely to land in hot water, irrespective of the fact that 1) I was on company business when I lost it and 2) company provides no travel insurance!). The downside of a US firm.

More information...

It's a ladies new suit and blouse and hanger in a suitbag (the type they give you free when you buy a suit), not locked - and with zero hiding places for contraband .... it would be incredibly easy to see if anything were hiding there! Probably weights about 1kg but I'm not really sure. Unlikely to be more than 2kg.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    More information...

It's a ladies new suit and blouse and hanger in a suitbag (the type they give you free when you buy a suit), not locked - and with zero hiding places for contraband .... it would be incredibly easy to see if anything were hiding there! Probably weights about 1kg but I'm not really sure. Unlikely to be more than 2kg.
    Was only kidding about u smuggling.

If your suit inside the restricted area or outside the restricted. Can anyone just go and pick it up, wont it have your details and then they will want proof that the suit belongs to the person picking it up.

Just seeing if i can help out as i have some mates in Singapore who might be able to mail it to you and then u pay them back.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    You never know what Moving could be smuggling, Singapore is not one of the best places to get caught. Haahaa
    Ah, but we all know Moving lives at the Gold Coast... should anything nasty happens.

Moving - if you really have to resort to your company's courier, make sure the description is 'sample', NOT clothing, as some courier will make things ultra difficult and ask for garment export licenses, etc.

Thanks for those insights .... I bumped into an investment banker friend at lunch who is going to Singapore tomorrow ... now I just have to persuade him to help!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Thanks for those insights .... I bumped into an investment banker friend at lunch who is going to Singapore tomorrow ... now I just have to persuade him to help!

If you are in no hurry and anyone can be authorized to collect the suit on your behalf, let me know. I am going back to Singapore for a week in May between 7-14th. Let me know in advance.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast