Like Tree3Likes

Any Sense of Customer Services in HK???

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Cool Any Sense of Customer Services in HK???

10 months passed since I began to reside in HK. People are usually nice, even sometimes they cannot speak English, but still very kind and showing good smiles.

But something what I cannot adapt to is the way of customer services here:
    1. Fantastic behavior of concierge guys sending heavy overseas EMS delivery back to the Post Office (Coastal Skyline)

Are receptions of your estate do the same thing? I can not understand why I need to pay management fee for those lamers. I have to wait at home all day long, or send to my office to carry back home whenever I send or order some stuffs from my home country.

They refuse to accept the parcels when they need to give signature of receival. Then I have to go to the Post Office and carry all the way back home with the heavy stuffs. I am so discouraged to order some stuffs from my home country.

2. Wonderful Siemens' Customer Service
    I am using the built-in washing machine. One day I found it destroyed my New & Expensive Goretex Ski Suit!!! OMG!!! The pants were torn and worn out. I have dialed the customer service of Siemens expecting to be reimbursed of the damage.

They sent a technician to run a stupid test throwing some sponge bags into the machine and ran it. Of course it is totally different from my expensive stuff. A few weeks later they sent "a email" to keep using the machine. They said "we cannot reimburse the damage to your cloths as you failed to prove the cause of damage came from the machine."

Hahaha. In HK, even if your machine destroys your clothes or something, you are required to prove or reproduce the case to get the loss reimbursed. How fantastic!

No other choice, as I am just a tenant, I had to keep using the washing machine. It still makes holes to my underwears. I think the customer service in HK is wonderful. And the customer service of Siemens of HK is so f**king nice.

3. Internet Service (City Telecom)
    Needless to say, the broadband network of HK is terribly slow with frequent lags. I have complained: The speed is too slow 2) I want to move down to slower package, 10M as the speed is not satisfactory and I do not need 50M.

Their response was so funny. They bother me for several weeks saying they can speed up by changing IP or something. Yeah, I did not want it as it's been a while since I have decided not to expect anything from the Customer Services in HK. Hey come on, I just want to move down to the slower package, 50M for domestic HK speed test site only and 100kbps for overseas site, it does not make sense to keep paying the money for this!

They just bothered me for a few weeks promising to improve the speed and seemed to be working for a few weeks. But later then, I do not think it's improved really. I just don't care and speak to myself "Welcome to HK"

4. Courier service
    I am not sure if this is only the case in my home country or not. The post office provided 'free pick up' service. But it seems extremely expensive for courier service in HK! Sorry I forgot that money talks in HK.

5. So many things to mention about the beautiful customer services in HK
    Once my wife bought a rice cooker and it kept puffing out tons of bubbles whenever we cook. They asked us to bring it to their service center in Central from Tung Chung!

I know and understand HK is small enough that HK people are not familiar with the home delivery (courier) service. Maybe I am from way too huge country that provides all the customers sending back the appliances back to the manufacturer to fix by free home delivery service.

Too many things to mention, but now I just remember these stuffs. 10 months passes since I started living here, now I am getting more 'tamed' by the customer services of HK and enjoying easy life by giving up and controlling my anger.

Yes, this is just nothing in Asia's World City.

Whenever I read threads like these, I always wonder where the poster is from. It should be a rule that complaining posters disclose their country of origin; at least then we will know where all the good places to live are.

I see you live in Tung Chung. Cheer up then! It's not too far to the airport if it all gets to be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by marijuan:
    10 months passed since I began to reside in HK. People are usually nice, even sometimes they cannot speak English, but still very kind and showing good smiles.
    I think you need to relax. Enjoy a massage in Shenzhen and all will be fine, trust me!

I am using the built-in washing machine. One day I found it destroyed my New & Expensive Goretex Ski Suit!!! OMG!!! The pants were torn and worn out. I have dialed the customer service of Siemens expecting to be reimbursed of the damage.
    Man, I'm lovin' it!!

2. Wonderful Siemens' Customer Service

Yes, this is just nothing in Asia's World City.
    dude, your post is way to long but did you ever read the washing instructions on your new and expensive goretex ski suit? I am pretty sure most of them are dry clean only. you do realize goretex is a waterproof material that is trying to keep water out. what do you expect to happen?

and also, 1 piece ski suits is so 80's. I didnt you can still get them outside japan. Is it a bright neon color?
    Last edited by thundacatchergo; 23-04-2009 at 01:55 AM.

i think most of the customer service i have received in Hong Kong is above my expectations.

i think you need to relax, probably get away from all the luxury shops, 5* hotels and First Class flying... and realise that away from those, the customer is not always right

while i'd agree that some of the OP's bitching is probably unwarranted, I'm gonna chime in with my own nit to pick...

Yesterday I went to the bank to exchange some RMB that I had received while on a trip to Beijing, for HKD to deposit back into my account. I was amused to see the teller scrutinize each and every 100RMB note as if she really knew what she was to look for. Then I had to shake my head when she 'rejected' one of the bills because it had two 5mm tears in it...I explained to her that back home (yeah, I know, why don't I go back if I don't like it blah blah...) I can tear a note in half, tape it back together and the bank will accept it...she just shrugged and said 'you better take it back to China for exchange'...now I've had this happen in retail locations with RMB before, but THIS WAS A BANK FFS! minor thing but these little things add up to really irk me at times

Timklip- are you saying that banks in your home country have better CS than banks in Hong Kong?

The banks here certainly are not perfect, but they're a crapload better than banks I've had to deal with in the UK, Australia or the US.

not sure if they would accept a torn yuan note in the states etc.

Quote Originally Posted by timklip:
    while i'd agree that some of the OP's bitching is probably unwarranted, I'm gonna chime in with my own nit to pick...

Yesterday I went to the bank to exchange some RMB that I had received while on a trip to Beijing, for HKD to deposit back into my account. I was amused to see the teller scrutinize each and every 100RMB note as if she really knew what she was to look for. Then I had to shake my head when she 'rejected' one of the bills because it had two 5mm tears in it...I explained to her that back home (yeah, I know, why don't I go back if I don't like it blah blah...) I can tear a note in half, tape it back together and the bank will accept it...she just shrugged and said 'you better take it back to China for exchange'...now I've had this happen in retail locations with RMB before, but THIS WAS A BANK FFS! minor thing but these little things add up to really irk me at times
    what annoys me is how they start having these Premier and Prestige banking for good customers... i know this happens everywhere with frequent flyers, customer loyalty cards, 7/11 sticker coupons etc etc.
    but with these banks, its bascially how rich you are which saves you being treated like cattle being herded.

i know i cant complain because you get what you pay for (as in most walks of life) but its annoying how in the world when most people are fighting for equality based on gender, race, age etc. that there is such obvious discrimination.

i remember someone suggested that racial discrimination will soon be replaced by class discrimination... where is communism when you need it! haha!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast