Like Tree4Likes

Tattoos in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Tattoos in Hong Kong?

Are there specific tattoo shops and artists that you can recommend in Hong Kong? English speaking preferred.

I've heard that most Hong Kongers go to Bangkok for their tattoos. Is this true, and why?

Thanks in advance!

probably because like most things in bkk, its cheap! i dont have any tattoos myself, but alot of my friends got it done at this place in causewya called Boom.. it used to be in ginza, but now they've relocated to some apartment place, but the service is still as good.
    if you want a really clean place, try the hairdressers in central

One popular place to get tattoos is Ricky & Pinkies in Lockhart road, Wanchai, just around the corner from Joe Banaanas. Quality is OK, english speaking & have been adding colour to US sailors & assorted backpackers for about 30yrs I think.

Whats the price like over here? Is it on par with say western prices?

possibly a bit cheaper than the UK but not by much.

Gabe's Ace Dragon Tattoo

There are more & more tattoo studios popping up around town,
    the best Tattoo place in my opinion is Ace Dragon Tattoo, located on 4/F, 8 Cameron road, Tsimshatsui.

If you are into tattoos, I suggest doing your homework first & checking out a few studios, see what kind of art they offer, if you are just looking for a pattern or design that can be traced on, most of the other studios do that. However if you are looking for custom detailed work, then Gabe at Ace Dragon is worth checking out. Note, he is not cheap , go check out his studio & his work, the quality speaks for itself.

Do a search as there was a thread a few months ago which had some good suggestions.

Tat's.

GO TO BOOM. DO NOT USE RICKY AND PINKYS. This is coming from personal experience.

Shnookumz, do you have the exact address/phone for Boom?

where in bangkok can you get an excellent tattoo

hey dreads

ive been looking for a place to get another tattoo and dont want mediocre work. I had that before and I can tell you money is not the most important thing! Ive had to get one redone and its extremely difficult to fix someones mistakes
    ive been to thailand many times and have only seen mediocre work there and it seems dodgy in some places no matter what they say.

can anyone tell me a place in bangkok that does real quality work like that of dragon ace?
    im willing to go and have a free weekend, but only if I can be assured of a fantastic place.

ill be going to that girl's place (sze) soon as well as the places in causeway bay. I have seen many tattoos and know what excellence is and when I find it I will let all know. dragon ace sounds good, as does the tample tattoo place which has an art instructor as artist, (but that still means nothing till you see the fine details of his work. real excellence in tattooing results in fine almost magical detail and shading and colours. it is way more than just slapping a template on your arm and going at it. please beware and dont worry about money. if you try to save money on this youre foolish and will regret it soon after, especially when you see real quality on someone.
    more places are boom, (forget pinkys its for drunken sailors who want to be reminded of the suzie wong they just porked)
    darrin usher 2nd fl lan kwai house, sze tattoo wellington st. sze hing mei shop 7 509 jaffe rd, tample tattoo, 22 russell st 4th fl, and gabes 8 cameron rd 4/fl., and boom (cant find anything about this place yet)
    thats what ive come up with any more places out there please let us know. ill be going this week to look. I have my own design and need an artist to make it look even better.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast