Any places to play badminton?

Closed Thread

Any places to play badminton?

Will be in HK but i want to know where can i play badminton in HK. Is there any such thing as DROP-INS or do i have to book a court myself?

Most of sport centres run by the leisure services dept. have badminton courts but you have to book/pay before you play....and they ask for a HK Identity card....you could request someone you know to book a court..

Where can I find badminton courts?

Sorry to add on to an old thread, but my question is related to the topic posted.

Does anyone know where I can find badminton courts near Central? I do have a HKID card. I would like to call up or do a booking for this weekend. I know, I know, it might be too last minute to find a court but it doesn't hurt to try.

Thanks for your URL. As expected only the inconvenient hours are free for booking.

A few friends and I are starting an official badminton club in Hong Kong to play weekly on HK
    Island. Hope to have this up and running as soon as the goverment
    approves our society registration (and we can block book courts in
    advance). Hang in there everybody!

Time: Sunday 8-10pm
    Cost: Estimated $480 / 6 months
    Includes: Play time (2-hr/week), game set-up (with other ppl your
    level), birdies
    Bonus: May have free coaching sessions and organized competitions.

As this will be a non-profit club, ALL member fees will go towards
    courts and equipment (actual costs) only. Members must bring their
    own water and racquets.

More details to come soon... if interested, please send email to
    [email protected] and we'll add you to the mailing list.

Lisa Tong

Gilly23,

You can book a badminton venue very easily online. Go to this website (ESD Life): http://www.esdlife.com/home/eng/default.asp
    and click into "LEISURE LINK" and follow the instructions, then you can book a venue online. There are several sports stadiums on the HK Island. I usually go to play badminiton in either Sheung Wan or Shek Tong Tsui sports stadiums at the weekends and in Wanchai Harbour Road sports stadium during the week. I would really to have newbies to join me, would you?

I am a member of the South China Athletic Association, Causeway Bay. Check out their website. http://www.scaa.org.hk/main_new2_eng.htm

It costs HK$100 to become a member. It then costs HK$55 per hour for a court. If you want to book a court by telephone, you have to buy an advance booking card (approx. HK$100).

You can book up to a week in advance.

www.hkbadmintonclub.com

Check it out. A new club has formed, mainly playing evenings on Hong Kong Island.

http://www.hkbadmintonclub.com