Vietnamese

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Is that fish tasting mint u mean the stuff you eat with the duck eggs?

For some reason I've never liked the taste of it..

Quote Originally Posted by cK123:
    Yeah yeah... Bring some seeds of rau hung, rau thom, tia to, rau mui nhe Thanks hahahaha
    Which vegetables are these? Describe em.

Georgedn: the duck egg is served with "rau ram"...thats different from
    "rau dap ca" which is the fish tasting mint. Both of these mints are strong taste/smell so I don't think you like either of them

justdoit: hard to describe, lets just say that we have hundreds of vegetables in vietnam, i don't even know/remember some of the names. the only common of these vegies are they taste sooooooo good. and i miss them all.

Kowloon West / America's Finest City (San Diego, CA)

True true, I agree with ya man, I was born and raised in Cali. I love the food in VN also, it is super delicious and ridiculously cheap!

I speak a mixture of Chiu Chow, Cantonese and Vietnamese with my family
    We have like our own language LOL, you will hear Vietnamese used in between a Chinese sentence when my family conversates

Quote Originally Posted by minack:
    justdoit: Oh, i know what i means already = fish tasting mint is rau da^'p ca'. This is in every dish that is served with "rau so^'ng"

lifeenjoyer: welcome! are you sure California Viet food is better than that in Vietnam? I lived in Cali for 5 years and tried everything in san jose and even little saigon, couldn't find anything close to home. I agree that the food in Cali will be better if you are raised there. As My husband still thinks california's vn food is the best, but i don't agree with him. For me, I was born and raised in VN, so nowhere can beat VN food.

do you speak vietnamese or chinese with your family?
    again, welcome lifeenjoyer

It's so cool to know you all here. May be we should organize an "yam cha" meeting , ( as i cannot stand the Vietnamese food over here )

yeah yeah yeah yum cha!

Please sign up for yam cha here guys! Spouses, partners, baby... are welcome !!!

1. CK123

1. CK123
    2. Georgedn

What day? Time? Where?

1. CK123
    2. Georgedn
    3. Minack

Just wondering...why yam cha but not vietnamese pot luck?