Fancy Dress Hire

Fancy Dress Hire

Just arrived in HK and been invited to a fancy dress party. Unfortunatley all ours is on a container ship somewhere! Anyone know of any hire shops or places to buy bits and pieces to make up a costume?

There's a 'street' (actually a set of stairs) that goes up from Queens Road toward Wyndham St, right near the Escalator. Think its called Ladder St?

They have a lot of places you can buy wigs, masks and other fancy dress stuff.

Is there a building nearby you can point out for me? reason I ask is looking on ypmap I see the escalator, but Wyndham street isn't anywhere near it, do I just get off at Queen's Road and walk up under the escalator?

Last edited by sarahratcliffe; 15-08-2005 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Additional info required!

pottinger street

Whoops sorry its not Ladder St after all.

Fancy Dress steps St?? is right near the Maxims on Queens Rd, very close to Central Market. And just down the road towards Sheung Wan from Lane Crawford. Think the closest cross St is Pottinger Street. Sorry for not having too many details - know how to get there on foot, but couldn't point it out on a map!

p.s. if you're ever looking for a street in HK, this sit might come in handy: www.centamap.com