already bought IPhone..which plan to take

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

already bought IPhone..which plan to take

Hi All,

I have already bought by 16gb iphone from fortress and now wondering which plan shall I take up

i know i would have probbaly been better off by signing the plan from 3 which would inlcude the iphone itself. now that i have not done it. I need some help deciding what to do.

i need

1. 600-700 mb of data browsing atleast. the mor ethe beter
    2. 300-400 mins of talk time.
    3. ideally 100-150 hk$ per month. max limit is 200 hk$ per month subcription
    4. can sign contacrt upto 18 months

please recommend some good plan. I know 3 has it but they come with a set and I dont need it. Plus would like to take a cheaper plan now that I have already bought my set

Many Thanks

people! any ideas on this pls?

SmarTone

Hi, I recently bought an IPhone too and I signed up with SmarTone. So far so good with everything I want to do. It works OK too in Australia - just been back three weeks ago. cheers, el

Baubei, what is the cost on your plan and what is included? I too have an iphone with no plan and would like to get one.

SmarTone

Hi Mark II,

I initially took the HK$256 plan with unlimited internet browsing, 100MB local data usage for upload and download plus 1,000 basic voice call. I needed more data upload and download usage, therefore I upgraded to the HK$556 plan where I get everything similar to HK$256 but with unlimited data upload and download usage.

cheers, el

If you can cope with 2g speeds, the china mobile / peoples unlimited data plan is the best. Its around HK$98 a month and it is totally unlimited in terms of data (I don't see any mention of a fair usage cap).

You also get around 1,000 free minutes.

However it is just 2g EDGE.

BTW that is the plan I use on my iphone (but I have a 2g iphone).

Last edited by pin; 01-06-2009 at 04:19 PM.

1010 has a plan called EXpresso

1O1O

$48 / month for a bunch of popular sites, including GeoExpat (what else would you want????)

You might also want to consider using a single device WiFi type plan. With Wifi in the office, home and a few other places I tend to spend time, I use less than 100MB on 3G data.

These plans sound good as I have a 2g as well, but what are the international rates? Or are these minutes listed worldwide? I would be calling the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark II:
    These plans sound good as I have a 2g as well, but what are the international rates? Or are these minutes listed worldwide? I would be calling the U.S.
    Here is info of the plan:

Data Service Plans_China Mobile Hong Kong

You also get signed up to their 1597 IDD plan:

IDD 1597 Service_China Mobile Hong Kong

However there are cheaper IDD tariffs to USA probably.

thanks for the info.

I am planning to take a package from 3. which included 100 MB of local data. additionally 10hk$/30 MB.

I havwe a few questions.

1. I think I will be using my iphone 5-6 times a day to check my gmail. read news on safari, see the stocks and use the maps too. but not for too long. may be average 2-3 mins each time. how much data will you think will I roughly use each month. just a rough estimate is ok. I dont intend to watch videos or download heavy files through my iphone.

2. all these service providers have this "local data" . what is this exactly? i asked sales people at smartone and 3 and got conflicting & confusing explanations. so whatever i browse through safari is included in lcoal data? how about facebook, maps, and mail? is it also included in local data usage?

3. given that at home i have wi-fi. but not in office. do you think i would need much more than 100 mb of 3g data? as i said 4-6 times of checking mail, facebook, news etc. 3-5 mins each. no video etc.

Thanks,
    Bilal

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast