Best buffet brunch?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best buffet brunch?

There is a lot of hotel in HK that provide buffet brunch, which one would you recommend?

Could you please indicate a price range just to have an idea?

Thank you all

Great question. I would love to do a buffet brunch soon.

The Tiffin is known just for afternoon tea isn't it?

JW Marriott got brunch buffet on Sunday only.

It has: caviar, foie gras, the spanish ham very famous, lobsters, cocktails. Also go with unlimited champagne....etc

The Marriott Sunday brunch with free-flowing champagne is HK$610+10%. Without the champagne is $510, so the champagne top-up is good value even if it is only Piper NV.

I've heard good reports of the champagne Sunday Brunch at ToTTs at the Excelsior, but I'm not sure what the current price is.

Last edited by PDLM; 05-06-2009 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks all for your replies,

I am afraid all the great buffet brunch in HK are really expensive...

So I finally tried other places as the "Brunch club" and the "Press room" in central, it was great, I recommend them
    I know also "Flying pan", really great and it's open day and night!

Have a nice evening

HKD 500/600 + for Sunday brunch? Per head?! Jeez!

Every Sunday morning I go to Ikea in Causeway Bay and have a hot dog with a soft drink for HKD 10. And that was HKD 9 until fairly recently. Best meal of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Loulina:
    So I finally tried other places as the "Brunch club" and the "Press room" in central, it was great, I recommend them
    How much did the Press Room cost you? When I looked at their menu it seemed to me that a decent brunch would cost as much as one of the 5* hotel buffets.

And it's hardly reasonable to compare the Flying Pan with, say, the Shangri-la!

Quote Originally Posted by shilo507:
    HKD 500/600 + for Sunday brunch? Per head?! Jeez!

Every Sunday morning I go to Ikea in Causeway Bay and have a hot dog with a soft drink for HKD 10. And that was HKD 9 until fairly recently. Best meal of the week.
    You sound like my boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    How much did the Press Room cost you? When I looked at their menu it seemed to me that a decent brunch would cost as much as one of the 5* hotel buffets.

And it's hardly reasonable to compare the Flying Pan with, say, the Shangri-la!
    It was around 300HK I think for a coffee, Benedict eggs and fresh orange juice. Reasonable
    Last edited by Loulina; 10-06-2009 at 07:07 PM.

The Press Room - not recommended

Quote Originally Posted by Loulina:
    Thanks all for your replies,

I am afraid all the great buffet brunch in HK are really expensive...

Have a nice evening
    I tried the Press Room a couple of weeks ago, after walking past it for months (I live in the area). It was terrible and I have no idea why people go there.

The food was definitely fairly average- not bad, but I could (and do) regularly throw together better fry ups than what I had that day.

The main downside though was the atmosphere. The Press Room is basically one huge echo box, full of hard reflective surfaces. It's *loud*, with people shouting to be heard over each other. Tables are packed closely, so you cannot help but to be party to conversation from at least 2 other tables.

It's actually louder within the Press Room than without. I'm not kidding here- my phone has a decibel meter in it, and the ambient noise within the restaurant was about the same as when walking along Hollywood Rd with trucks rumbing past 3 feet away.

Overall, the place came across to me as the Western equivalent of a cha chaan teng- busy, crowded, noisy. Only about ten times more expensive and with correspondingly more expensive decore and customer dress sense.
    Last edited by jgl; 10-06-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast