Being "let go"

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    Jimbo, good advice as usual but maybe he got into debt avoiding those G2000 shirts you abhor or buying $3000-$4000 gifts just to keep up with you when you are in a hot dating relationship!

It seems lately that there have been a lot of posts similar to this lately. Is it due to high living costs or high living and avoiding G2000 or just dinner for dates?
    LOL I'd rather spend more on a shirt that lasts me a few years than ditch it 6 months later when the elbows and cuffs wear out by then.

Its only that amount for special occasions and its not once a month or anything like that!

Its a mixture of high living costs and the people who you tend to mix with in your social circles to Network etc etc. Part of the problem is with willpower and the constant marketing being given out by the credit card companies, Sometimes its hard to resist when you get a private sale invite to Lane Crawford with 40% off etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Sometimes its hard to resist when you get a private sale invite to Lane Crawford with 40% off etc.
    On two specific days only and "this offer is not applicable to controlled price, fixed price, special offer and cosmetic items and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers or discounts". My guess is that leaves about 3 items available at 40% off, all of which have been in stock for ages because no-one wants to buy them.

I don't find this hard to resist at all!

i get so many of those offers and toss them out just as fast. i will never go to one of those "sucker traps"...lol

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

My complaint about those offers is the card they are printed on, blunts the shredder.

Anyway, although the OP might lose his job, there are always others who are worse off. Retired Molson employees will lose their free beer allowance and current employees are having their allowance reduced. *oh the humanity*