Fitness First vs. Pure???

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I would use most of the gym facilitise, but would also like to take yoga classes - is the yoga at Pure Yoga 'super' good, or will FF provide a similar level?? Also need to consider pre/ postnatal classes.

I know that some of the Instructors at Pure also teach at FF, also a very popular Yoga instructor, (always in the papers) teaches only at FF

have been pure member (yoga & fitness) for the past 4months, and am loving every minute of it. am not sure about FF, but pure Yoga teachers are REALLY professional - some are new, but they are all certified by going through formal teacher trainings. but pure yoga classes can get really busy in the evenings. Pure fit offers yoga classes, too, which don't seem to have prenatal and it's basic generic classes.

At pure I also like the DVD on the machines, T-shirt, shorts, socks readily available in changing room shelves,apple - all complimentary.
    their steam and sauna room and shower facility is pretty good, too. but their shoe locker rental costs 350! and waiting list is very long.

I would recommend you to ask them for a trial pass first. You can then experience the convenience and such.

Pure has a few pilates classes, and i have been to Geoff's during lunch hour once, he's really good.

hope someone can post FF stuffs.

Suzieq,
    Just joined Pure and have been happy with it.
    799/month no joining fee for 1yr contract
    599/month for a 2yr contract
    If you join the one on Hollywood Rd ask for Joe and tell him you're a friend of John-said he coudl give you an extra HK$2000 for massages if you join before end of August but would expect you could probably get this next month.
    Best,
    John

What about California gym?

actually HSBC premier get a discount at pure

http://www.hsbc.com.hk/hk/personal/c.../lifestyle.htm

Quote Originally Posted by yw_217:
    actually HSBC premier get a discount at pure
    Doesn't look like a discount. Threre isn't a joining fee, everyone gets a free assessment, and depending when you join you'll get 1 or 2 weeks free. New memberships are processed on the 15th and the 30th I think.

Been to Fitness First in Millenium Plaza, mid summer changed to pure in IFC II. Like pure a lot, even if the rate is 250HKD higher than in FF

Thumbs down

My girlfriend has recently joined to Fitness First in Shangwan because it's near her office, but she's very pi__ed off with their attitude.
    She was told a personal trainer was supposed to contact her within 2-3 days after she's joined them as she was entitled to some free sessions, but she was waiting and chasing for two days, no one at FF knew what was going on and couldn't get her to talk to a personal trainer, and no one wanted to take the responsbilities.
    She later came home saying the trainer was very unprofessional, although the sessions were free, they're useless.
    She heard about the promotion and yet when she got there, she was still sold the full membership with a sign-up fee.

Last night she was saying she sent a complaint but no one ever gave her any explanation.

I myself go to Pure Fitness in Soho, so far I'm pretty happy with everything there.

Interesting - I posted a message about how bad FF is, and the message has been removed?

I am interested in the Pure (Kinwick Centre). Anybody know the rate of the shoes locker? Saw some thread said it was 350 (?!) Is it a monthly rate or annual?