Renewing UK passport in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bring a book...

You're not allowed camera phones inside the consulate.

The photo botth was out of action when I was there last (some time ago)...

passport

Yeah, ALL the photo booths in the London passport office were broken when I went there... Funny that.
    2 copies of C form? Oops. Presumably one original and a photocopy is fine, right?
    Good tip about the book, hadn't thought of that. No lap tops allowed either.
    It's going to be one fun filled morning, I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by z754103:
    2 copies of C form? Oops. Presumably one original and a photocopy is fine, right?
    Z75 - Me wrong about two copies of C1, methinks...

Anyway, before venturing out, take another peek at what's outlined on the Brit Consulate site:

Applying for a UK passport in Hong Kong

And, in case a few are wondering what's the fuss 'bout photo "background colours", here's the PDF:

http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/downloads/photos.pdf

But no mention about NO smiling ever-so slightly, though, so just don't GRIN or frown lika monkey? Define "smiling"... (those pic samples in the file are ---).

Hm, will take a book, too.
    Last edited by emmie; 16-06-2009 at 01:14 AM.

passport

Here's the latest - the photo booths are working, as of this morning!

Also, the process is pretty efficient. I showed up mid morning and was done pretty fast. Way more pleasant than when I had to do the same thing in London. (But bring a book!)

The smiling thing - you have to keep your mouth closed and you can't show teeth. So I guess smirking is fine :-)

Last edited by z754103; 16-06-2009 at 11:30 PM.