teaching question again!! *nanananana*

Closed Thread

teaching question again!! *nanananana*

my mate from london wants to come to hk to teach...his experience-10 years teaching in lincoln international school (nepal) for 10 years..does he still need to do the tesl course or other teaching related course to get a teaching job here?..what if he does not want to teach english but teach phys.ed/music/other subjects?..does he need to speak canto even if he works for an international school in hk?...shed some light please!..cheers!

For International schools you don't need cantonese. If he has a Degree in education his best bet would be to contact the international schools directly, all would be ready for the new school year now but they pretty much start recruiting as early as January for the following school year.

ta babes!

does he still need to do the teaching related course even if he has got 10 years teaching experience?

yes....

i've been here teaching for 10 years privately... but if i wanted to work in a school, i'd need a B.Ed or equivalent...

ta carang!

i'll let him know so he can make preparations and get his arse down to hk by next year.

CLOSED!!

Anyone know of a good cantonese tutor for a busy manager with crazy travel schedule (i.e., frequent rescheduling of classes)? Previous tutor really gouged me on price for rescheduling all the time.

Open!!

teachers in hk from london - where did you do the tesl or other teaching related courses from? please pass on whatever info you have on this.

ta!

Quote Originally Posted by vanvarn:
    Anyone know of a good cantonese tutor for a busy manager with crazy travel schedule (i.e., frequent rescheduling of classes)? Previous tutor really gouged me on price for rescheduling all the time.
    what kind of topics do you wana learn?

Why, Cantonese, of course.