Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Surfing

Surfing

Hey
    I am moving out to HK in Oct and was wondering if I should bring a surf board over with me, or hire one there.
    Can anyone tell me if they are easy to hire in HK? (I just want a simple mini mal as am still a novice).
    And if there are any fellow surfers out there living in HK I would love to hear from you!

Thanks
    Claire

Hey Claire,
    i'm going to HK in Dec. I would recomend bring one with you, I looked online and I dont see any places to rent. I'm bringing all 3 of mine....
    There is a surf school that my fiance found online, they might have rentals. I'm trying to contact anyone out there that might have an idea where I could get shaping materials????
    From what i have been able to find out about the surf, it's there, it's crowded with a bunch of bodyboarders, but there are some uncrowded spots and i guess once the swell gets over 6ft it clears out pretty quick....

Thanks
    although I think if the swell is over 6ft I might be clearing out with them! (whimpy girl I am afraid)
    i have heard there is a ozzy girl in my new office who surfs so I will ask her if she knows anyone that can help re the shaping Q.

thanks
    Claire

hch

hi claire-would love to go surfing sometime. have been dying to try out big wave bay but havent met any fellow surfers yet. moved here recently from UK and am novice surfer like you but totally addicted! if i get to go surfing in HK soon (fingers crossed), will let you know what its like...

More surf clothing here than surfers

yea noticed that there were a lot of surf clothing stores the last time i was there...Must be just like Japan then, summer comes around and the surf to be cool crowd comes out...hopefully they will sell their boards and wetties once the water cools off like in Japan...

hch - great - would love to go surfing some time. Am shipping my board out so will be good to go from Nov time. can't wait! will be nice to be able to get to a coast with some chance of waves without a 4 hour drive for a change!

hch

claire-excellent! look forward to hearing from soon. good luck with the move too-where are you moving from?
    i am looking forward to surfing in some warmer waters; my last surf was back in march (too long ago) in devon, UK, when the atlantic was about as cold as it could be! helen

I am coming from London, so i am very familiar with the cold Devon sea, although my coldest ever was on the antarctic waters north of Cape Town - bbbbrrrrr.
    Did you know that if you were to fall from a boat into the British waters in March your expected survival time in less than 10 minutes!!! That makes you very hardcore surfer Helen! ;-)

hch

devon in march... bring out the 5mm wetsuit! am good at braving cold but if you saw me surf, you'd realise i'm far from hardcore! heh heh- but thanks. wow, surfing in south africa... am jealous! you didnt happen to go with surf south west? my friend runs trips from his surf school in croyde to south africa.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast