View Poll Results: I (male or female batting for the other team) prefer to date:

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • A spoilt, useless waste of space with $1000 fingernails, droning on about her latest Hello Kitty bag

0 0%
  • An independent, intelligent woman that can engage in meaningful conversation

12 80.00%
  • Something in between option 1 or 2

3 20.00%
  • Someone I can thoroughly dominate or be dominated by

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree1Likes

Kong Girls v Independent Girls

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    Who cares? At the end of the day you get the woman you deserve... good or bad!
    here speaks the truth

As I mentioned, "Kong Girls/Kong Nui" is the term-du-jour for materialistic girls, of any stripe in this case. Sorry to offend, but c'est la vie Gilles.

There was also NO implication that the 2nd option was by default excluding HK girls. I would think that goes to the readers own preconceived ideas on the subject, not mine.

A-J

Or just give up and stay single =) It's not written on stone that you have to end up with someone

Quote Originally Posted by Sigga:
    Stereotyping is just another form of generalising. Yes, we know they aren't always true. But communication would become difficult without them. Generalisations are useful. The sky isn't always blue, knives aren't always sharp and HK girls aren't always rapacious bimbos. But these statements are true enough of the time to be worth stating.
    There's a big difference between sky is blue, knife is sharp and how people are perceived. One is an opinion based on your perception of the individuals you encounter in your circle reacting to how you are...

For example, a bar owner in Pattaya might thing that all farang are fat alcoholic chain smoking slobs while a gym owner would perhaps have different opinion. What you think as rapacious, someone might see as normal...

My opinion of the Hong Kong women that I have encountered in my circle is vastly different than the stereotype mentioned. Since these kind of stereotypes are completely anecdotal with no real suppording evidence apart from personal opinions, I think they are crap and only serve to perpetuate things that may not be true at all.

That, I completely agree with...

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    My opinion of the Hong Kong women that I have encountered in my circle is vastly different than the stereotype mentioned.
    So, to interpret you literally then: you've never met an intelligent, independent woman that can engage in meaningful conversation?

Of course there are BOTH in HK, the point of the survey was demonstrate people prefer women of substance to the stereotypical "Kong Nui." But as usual, you like to be a difficult about it.

be careful what you wish for guys... intelligent women can be a bit feisty! especially if they know more than u...

Amen to that....

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    be careful what you wish for guys... intelligent women can be a bit feisty! especially if they know more than u...
    Well obviously a woman who knows I am always right must be very intelligent

I worry that there may be a few people on this site who actually think like that

I find the poll interesting - by the results so far all the girls in LKF must be independent, intelligent young women which explains why so many guys (who obviously prefer that sot of woman) go there looking for long term stable relationships with a future possibility of marriage, family etc, kudos to the male populous.