What do you think are the root causes of pollution

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think are the root causes of pollution

What do you think are the root causes of pollution.

Have your say or vote for existing suggestions. just click on the link below

Customer Feedback & Ideas for Pollution in Hong Kong

It's people.

Its people! and aided by the fact that the environment is an intangible asset which we cannot claim the exact benefits for.

e.g. a polluting factory manager can enjoy the same environment as the eco warrior living in his garden.

so where is the incentive to stop polluting? the view of a would be eco warrior is "if i don't pollute (and earn more money), other people will pollute and earn the money which could have been mine if i had opened that factory".

bloody buses, truck, factories from China which are owned by HKners and ships.
    The buses are diesel and have old diesel engines, they make loads of noises and spew out nasty dirty smoke.
    Plus! some buses are so old, they don't even have disable access or pram access so ever time I go out with my baby I have to get the taxi and that's not good for the enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by ytv:
    Plus! some buses are so old, they don't even have disable access or pram access so ever time I go out with my baby I have to get the taxi and that's not good for the enviroment.
    We have a 3 YO and 1 YO and don't have this problem. It isn't easy, but it isn't as difficult as you make it sound. Unless you have one of those old-fashioned prams that don't collapse?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

In which case, I would suggest that the root cause is an apathetic population

Quote Originally Posted by TS888:
    It's people.
    To be more precise: Chinese People

I remember watching a TV documentary where they tested the air in Washington State (West coast of U.S.), and they detected pollutants which drifted all the way across the Atlantic from factories in Mainland China.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    We have a 3 YO and 1 YO and don't have this problem. It isn't easy, but it isn't as difficult as you make it sound. Unless you have one of those old-fashioned prams that don't collapse?
    I live near Bonham road and some of the buses have stairs and a handrail in the middle of the entrance and exit, so you can't push your pram straight in -- just like no wheel chair user will be able to use those buses either. They are so old that they don't even have a pram area for your pram so it has to sit in the gangway. I will only attempt this if my husband is with me.
    my pram is new and does fold down, but I'm not going to take my 4month baby out of his pram and try to fold it with one hand holding him and the other trying to get it on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojak83:
    To be more precise: Chinese People

I remember watching a TV documentary where they tested the air in Washington State (West coast of U.S.), and they detected pollutants which drifted all the way across the Atlantic from factories in Mainland China.
    A racist, simplistic argument if I ever read one.

Chinese people, or the consumerist Westerners whcountries which fuel the demand for low cost, high polluting factories in developing nations?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast